Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the Pacemaker Fishing FORUM!

If you would like to become a member (free), which will allow you to post on the FORUM, please email me at ernierojas at verizon.net. Once I open the registration, hit REGISTER and follow the instructions. You will be able to post on the FORUM once I verify you (need to do this to protect from the bad guys).

If I delete you in error, please contact me so I can reinstate you.

Thanks!!!

Ernie

#1 Dec-06-17 2:15PM

captmikestarrett
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

How do you get your fishing fix in the cold months?

I signed up for myoutdoortv.com and have been watching the MLF series for about a year now. Well worth the 10.00 bucks a month.
Tried several others but really like the variety this internet station has.. what shame it is not on Roku or ChromeTV.

I just watch it on my mac/ droid phone/ pc at work and my chromebook.

MLF rules..

Capt Mike

I have no affiliate with the internet tv station.

Light Tackle Fishing Guide on the Potomac

#2 Dec-06-17 2:20PM

Junger

Re: How do you get your fishing fix in the cold months?

Youtube for me.

I used to have WFN with my FiOS package, but VZ stopped carrying it a couple years ago, and I took it for granted...I barely watched it but now I wish I had it.

#3 Dec-07-17 5:16AM

firemunkee
Patagonian Toothfish

I used to go fishing in the cold months lol now I live vicariously through others

#4 Dec-07-17 5:40AM

Bryan
Northern Snakehead

Fishing when I can. I enjoy MLF too though, definitely my favorite tournament format. Also been working on a boat project for the last 3 months and plan to be working on that all Winter as well.

tight lines

#5 Dec-07-17 5:48AM

Ernie
Administrator

FIOS is not friendly for fishermen.....I'll tape the saltwater shows that NBC Sports offers and watch them when I can.

Fishing shows and flea markets will at least have something fishing related on the calendar. Interestingly, I usually don't buy too much stuff (except for oysters in Frederick) but it's good to get out and hand with like minded (and frustrated) fishing folk. I willell some stuff at the Jan. 20 show in Odenton and will be helping sell stuff for the Wounded Heroes Fishig Program at the Bass Flea Market in Dale City on Feb. 3.

Every year I hate the cold even more.....but we have no plans to move anytime soon. Heck, I was cold fishing last week and it was 50! Probably gonna freeze while fishing for stripers tomorrow......

Hopefully, we can get in to some yellow perch this February (only 2 1/2 months away and a birdie told me that some were caught last Feb- Mar.).

Pitchers and catchers report in around Feb. 13, that's the official spring date for me. Good fishing will be just around the corner. And...DST begins Mar. 11!

Time to go fishin' again!

#6 Dec-07-17 7:03AM

Bryan
Northern Snakehead

Ernie wrote:

And...DST begins Mar. 11!

I think I'm looking forward to that more than anything. I can handle the cold, but this dark at 5pm stuff is the worst.

tight lines

#7 Dec-08-17 5:48AM

firemunkee
Patagonian Toothfish

Bryan wrote:

Ernie wrote:

And...DST begins Mar. 11!

I think I'm looking forward to that more than anything. I can handle the cold, but this dark at 5pm stuff is the worst.

This.

#8 Yesterday 9:15AM

hookup
Northern Snakehead

Unless the water's hard, I'm usually fishing every month.  Small mouth bass still need to eat.

Usually because I lost my back a couple weeks ago and still trying to find it - so instead of fishing, I poured a couple hundred jigs, painted them, and a few are going to get clothed soon

#9 Yesterday 9:23AM

Ernie
Administrator

hookup wrote:

Usually because I lost my back a couple weeks ago and still trying to find it

Did you get it looked at?

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer