Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Nov-13-17 5:32AM

backtofuturetoyota
Patagonian Toothfish

Game Camera Tale of the Trail

So, I go hunting on an annual basis mostly because I love the outdoors especially in the Fall.  I'm certain most of us do.  This year, I decided to invest in a new game camera and give it a try on the family hunting grounds in Front Royal VA.  I place the camera in an area that had seen a lot of activity based on the tree rubs, ground scrapes, and major trails.  I only had a short timeframe to throw it out there, but what the heck....let's see what's happening right!?!?!

Camera was put up November 4 at 12 pm.  Taken down on Nov 11 3 pm.

Long story short, the rut is in and activity is all over the place.  Red squirrels (fox squirrels?) the size of groundhogs, Geese, Turkeys, Bears, Coyotes....everything is out running around.  I'm out all day on Saturday Nov 11 (what better way to celebrate both the Marine Corps Birthday and Veterans Day) and break for lunch at the house around 11:30-11:45 am and come back to the stand around 2 pm.  Had plenty of shot opportunities in the AM, but passed on the small ones.  Ended up only seeing 3 Does in the afternoon.  Grabbed the camera and made my way to another stand in the open field since I get continued light for the evening (the stand in the woods gets dark way faster).

I check the camera on Sunday...and this is what I put together for a slide show.  In that one week, I had over 90 pictures taken with about 5-6 pics per deer.  These are the ones I just threw together. 

Note to self...bring lunch and eat it in the stand!!

https://youtu.be/2JpXLYjbKvQ

Last edited by backtofuturetoyota (Nov-13-17 5:33AM)

#2 Nov-13-17 5:44AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Game Camera Tale of the Trail

Ha! They are taunting you!

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Nov-13-17 8:53PM

bart2puck
Northern Snakehead

any thoughts as to why they love that 1 tree so much?

#4 Nov-14-17 3:36AM

backtofuturetoyota
Patagonian Toothfish

Not really sure why they like that one tree.  I've been watching it for the past couple years and I honestly thought it was a bear since we've seen so many around (including signs).  But they keep coming to this one tree and scraping the ground all around it, and tearing it up.  About 5-9 other trees around it get rubbed too, but no where near as bad as this one.  I'll try to see if I can get this on video next time.  I'm pretty sure I have a setting for that.

#5 Nov-20-17 5:20AM

backtofuturetoyota
Patagonian Toothfish

10 pt in video was harvested over the weekend.  Really nice deer.  He was old as heck though.  Gonna have to grind everything as jerky! Pics coming.

#6 Nov-20-17 6:56AM

backtofuturetoyota
Patagonian Toothfish

Looking closer...maybe a 9 pt.  Too excited to really care!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/rre8C03Xxb8Q1c7j2

Board footer