Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Oct-16-17 5:47AM

Bryan
Patagonian Toothfish

Northern Neck 10/14

Got to the launch around 6am and started rigging up my rods when I realized I had left my topwater lure box at home. Man that was so disappointing, the whole reason I made the 2.5hr trip down there was to get on a topwater bite.

Just as I was launching, the owner of the marina came by and asked if I needed anything before I went out. He opened up the shop and I bought the only topwater lure he had, a Mirrolure Top Dog. I was feeling lucky until about my 5th cast of the day, when a bluefish bit it off. Wasn't meant to be I guess  :-/

Anyway, I still had a lot of action throughout the day while fishing the grass, jetties, and creeks in the area. I caught most of my fish on Catch 2000s, and also had some on paddletail plastics, jerkbaits, and a spinnerbait. Most of my catch was schoolie stripers, they were everywhere and were very aggressive. They were all in the 15-23" range, probably caught 30+ throughout the day.

https://s20.postimg.org/jw0a1df3h/20171014_075047.jpg

I also caught two reds, (one in the slot and one rat), two small trout and lost a nicer trout. My jigs got chewed up by little bluefish all day but I never landed one. The water was 70 degrees and there were rays and blowfish swimming around, so it was still like a summer pattern, but with the colder nights coming in this week, I think there will be a lot of changes soon.

https://s20.postimg.org/wan21oyvx/20171014_121917.jpg

Pulled out at 6:30pm and stopped at NN burger for a good dinner on the way home. I'll be fishing further South for the rest of the season, but I can't wait to hit this area again next year.

tight lines

#2 Oct-16-17 6:25AM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Northern Neck 10/14

Looks like a great day!  Gotta love the diversity in fish!

Always wishin' I was fishin'

#3 Oct-16-17 6:37AM

Ernie
Administrator

Nice work....gotta love lots of action!

And nice red!

Bryan wrote:

Pulled out at 6:30pm and stopped at NN burger for a good dinner on the way home.

Missed stopping here last time down there. Great place!!

Time to go fishin' again!

#4 Oct-16-17 7:58AM

Bryan
Patagonian Toothfish

Ernie wrote:

Nice work....gotta love lots of action!

And nice red!

Bryan wrote:

Pulled out at 6:30pm and stopped at NN burger for a good dinner on the way home.

Missed stopping here last time down there. Great place!!

Yeah, it's going to be a regular stop for me from now on.

tight lines

Board footer