Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Oct-18-08 3:47AM

Carl
Northern Snakehead

10-17-08 Patuxent River-Solomons Island, Md.

Dr. Mo and I launched at 7:00AM. When we arrived at the ramp it was just before daybreak but there were several boats launching and quite a few official personel standing about. Since there was a large tent set up I asked one of the firemen if there was some sort of fund raising event going to happen. He told me that they were looking for the body of a fellow who has drowned Sunday. This sort of changed the mood. They asked us to let them know if we saw anything.

It was cloudy and a light drizzle continued off and on all day. We headed upstream and stopped to cast some bucktails during the first part of a falling tide. Mo had never done this type of fishing so I wanted him to experience the possibility of catching a rockfish. Well--he certainly got some experience. We were using some bucktails that Ernie Rojas gave me recently. Dr. Mo caught thirteen rockfish with one keeper, an eighteen incher.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj320/Kiko13PB/SANY0185.jpg

I also caught about eight with no keepers. As is the case with rockfish the bite was over as quickly as it started and we moved on to seek out our original quarry, the white perch.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj320/Kiko13PB/SANY0189.jpg

We took two coolers so that we could keep some alive for transplanting in our private pond and a second cooler for the ones we were going to invite to dinner. We came off the water at low tide, about two o'clock, with sixty eight perch in the dinner cooler and eighteen in the transplant cooler.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj320/Kiko13PB/SANY0195-1.jpg

Mo also caught an almost keeper redfish The redfish in this area seem to all be almost keepers. We have not caught a keeper this year.

Carl

#2 Oct-18-08 1:01PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: 10-17-08 Patuxent River-Solomons Island, Md.

Way to go on the fishing!

Dr. Mo looks like he's having a blast!

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Oct-18-08 3:59PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: 10-17-08 Patuxent River-Solomons Island, Md.

On a sadder note....

The body of 39-year-old Patrick Reiter of Mechanicsville was recovered last night. Pat was the brother-in-law of Keech Edelin who some on this Forum know.

I received an email from Keech last night and he said that "Pat went doing two things he absolutely loved... going fast and being on the water. He had just installed the motors in this offshore race boat and this was the test drive. They did not hit the sand bar as the news reported. The other three in the boat said they were doing close to 100MPH and had backed off a tad to make the turn around Pt. Patience and was just getting back into it when the boat when airborne and started tumbling. A fisherman close by verified this and picked up the three others. Pat will be missed by many... he was a great guy, one of those that can do anything and would do anything for anyone."

Please pray for the family.

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer