Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Mar-28-17 2:39PM

T.
Patagonian Toothfish

WPB and Emporia

I finally got in some fishing this year.  On the 17th I flew down to Daytona to work on the safety crew for the motorcycle races.  Never had a chance to fish Lake Lloyd though.  Then drove down to West Palm Beach with the now ex-fiancee to do some scuba diving.  The first day down there I had some time to go fishing.  I checked out the lake at Okeeheelee Park but quickly decided bank fishing would be tool difficult.  I think it would be great with a kayak though.  So I headed to a nearby canal.  I got a gar to take my senko.  It unhooked itself while I was dragging it up the steep bank.  I spotted one snakehead which quickly spooked.  Most of the fish spooked easily.  I did catch one LMB that was about 15" and some smaller ones.

I didn't think the diving was all that good, at least compared to Roatan.  I did see a nurse shark up close and a goliath grouper in the distance.  The ex got a picture of a hammerhead.

On the way back we stopped in Emporia to visit her friends and spend a few nights there.  Saturday I rode my bicycle a few blocks to the Meherrin River.  There was no fish activity in town so I found my way to the dam to the west of I95.  Eventually I was able to get a LMB to take a baby rage tail craw.  It unhooked itself too. That one was in the 14" range. I caught two more of the same size using a mini crankbait.

I foresee more fishing this year than the past two without the GF/fiancee.  With my job now being not far from Fletcher's I intend to go straight there after work when the tides are favorable.

Last edited by T. (Mar-28-17 2:41PM)

#2 Mar-28-17 2:55PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: WPB and Emporia

Glad you got out. Fishing around WPB is incredible, salt and fresh.

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer