You are not logged in.

#26 Jan-18-17 4:39AM

firemunkee
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: The addiction continues

pier_man0909 wrote:

hookup wrote:

Take some pix of the build & post them

I cant post pics on here.  I dont have a photobucket account.

You can use any picture hosting service and take the same general approach as you would with photobucket; right-click on image, select copy image address, paste image address inbetween [img] tags, display the awesomeness.

Together we'll fight the long defeat.

#27 Jan-18-17 1:34PM

Ernie
Administrator

Matt came over to test the rod. i put an older Revo STX on it and after a little reel adjustment, Matt was casting a jig a mile or two.

It's a spiral wrap and I loved the grip! Rod is a winner and looks great...and performs even better!

He almost hit the fountain spray from behind my neighbors house. I've never been able to get that close.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj320/Kiko13PB/Newest%20Kiko/Gear%20for%20sale/IMG_0724-1_zpsnrszgwsd.jpg

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj320/Kiko13PB/Newest%20Kiko/Gear%20for%20sale/IMG_0723_zpsehcgzt0c.jpg

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj320/Kiko13PB/Newest%20Kiko/Gear%20for%20sale/IMG_0721_zps6pdri1rg.jpg

Time to go fishin' again!

#28 Jan-18-17 2:23PM

pier_man0909

thanks Ernie.  it would have been nice to not have that wind either.  Those Winn grips are really nice.  very secure feeling in your hands and pretty comfortable.  I built it pretty bare bones and it came in at 4.8 oz. it took me a long time to figure out that guide spacing but I think I did pretty good for my first one.

#29 Jan-22-17 9:47AM

hookup
Patagonian Toothfish

Nice job on the rod

Luv the shoes!

#30 Jan-22-17 5:41PM

pier_man0909

thank you.  those are my kirkland kicks, lol.  have the handle done on my second rod.  its a heavier version of that rod.  Its got carbon fiber handles on it and an exposed blank reel seat.  ill start wrapping guides on it in the next couple days.

#31 Jan-24-17 6:07AM

hookup
Patagonian Toothfish

have the handle done on my second rod.

The addiction has begun ...

#32 Feb-23-17 5:52PM

pier_man0909

well, I went to the rod building show last weekend.  got some more projects to build including 2 surf rods which im probably most excited about.  I heard this noise when I was leaving the show.  it took a couple minutes, but then I realized it was my wallet crying, lol.

#33 Feb-25-17 2:03PM

hookup
Patagonian Toothfish

Tom's show in NC?

Awesome show and you're glad to have a wallet leaving that place

I have a 5S70MF blank just looking for some attention

#34 Feb-25-17 5:37PM

Ernie
Administrator

Used some custom rods while fishing in FL the last 2 days. They had Winn grips. I really, really liked them!

#35 Feb-26-17 6:06PM

pier_man0909

it was the rod building expo in winston salem.  lots of vendors and companies showing off their products.  I have been to the show about 10 years ago and really like it.  Some good seminars too.  lots of rod builders of all skill levels to chat with.  I came home with a 5C71MHXF-B that I love the color on.  not sure how I will like x-fast, but it is a nice looking, light, and really sensitive blank.  im not sure what to do with it yet as far as building it casting or spinning.  I may end up just selling it.  I also got a few of the MHX mb843 which is by far the most popular MHX bass blank.  Im curious how I will like them.  they are not near the quality level of that scv st croix but many people say they are the best value in a blank out there. 

I got to talk to the winn grips people too while I was there.  they are coming out with new grips this year that are a wrap style and will let you change the color.  not for me but a pretty cool idea.

#36 Feb-26-17 6:48PM

Ernie
Administrator

X-fast = spinning

#37 Feb-27-17 6:40AM

hookup
Patagonian Toothfish

pier_man0909 wrote:

it was the rod building expo in winston salem. .

Yeah - that's Tom's gig. Or it was when I was following the rod building forums

Board footer