Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Sep-08-16 8:27AM

12thMan

Wading for Smallies??

I am new to the Arlington area and am looking for spots to wade or bank fish for smallies both on the fly and conventional tackle. I have a nice kayak but I am too lazy to take it out most of the time unless I have the whole day to fish. Any suggestions?

The Tug is the Drug

#2 Sep-11-16 7:10AM

GregF
Northern Snakehead

Re: Wading for Smallies??

There are several spots along Goose Creek that are good for wading.  Some are easier to get to than others.  Best suggestion is to use GoogleMaps to find roads near Goose Creek, drive those areas and see if you can see any access points.  I know I am not being very specific.  But hopefully this will get you started.

#3 Sep-12-16 5:15AM

Bryan
Patagonian Toothfish

Yeah I have also heard Goose Creek is a decent spot. I don't really fish that area, but I do a lot of wading a couple counties away, and the bite has been good. This is my favorite time of year for smallie wading. I haven't thrown anything but a buzzbait since July.

tight lines

#4 Sep-12-16 7:50AM

12thMan

Bryan wrote:

Yeah I have also heard Goose Creek is a decent spot. I don't really fish that area, but I do a lot of wading a couple counties away, and the bite has been good. This is my favorite time of year for smallie wading. I haven't thrown anything but a buzzbait since July.

Interesting, I have never caught a small mouth on a buzz bait. I haven't thrown anything besides white flukes, tubes, and fly's all summer.

The Tug is the Drug

#5 Sep-12-16 8:44AM

Bryan
Patagonian Toothfish

12thMan wrote:

Bryan wrote:

Interesting, I have never caught a small mouth on a buzz bait. I haven't thrown anything besides white flukes, tubes, and fly's all summer.

I like using tubes and flukes too, they get a lot of bites. I throw buzzbaits for the fun factor, and also because they allow me to move quickly. Here's a nice one I got on a buzzbait last week. Doesn't really look like it in the vid, but she measured just a hair over 20".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sgC9Ux … e=youtu.be

tight lines

#6 Sep-12-16 8:48AM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

I didn't think it was a crappy video.  Nice smallie! big_smile

Hell or High Water...........I'm Fishin!!   big_smile

#7 Sep-12-16 9:23AM

12thMan

Bryan wrote:

12thMan wrote:

Bryan wrote:

I like using tubes and flukes too, they get a lot of bites. I throw buzzbaits for the fun factor, and also because they allow me to move quickly. Here's a nice one I got on a buzzbait last week. Doesn't really look like it in the vid, but she measured just a hair over 20".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sgC9Ux … e=youtu.be

My pb smallie and lmb were on the same white fluke back to back days hahah

Very solid fish, I fished the Shenandoah this weekend and slayed them but nothing that big.

The Tug is the Drug

#8 Sep-12-16 10:49AM

Ernie
Administrator

Congrats on the C-class Bryan...especially on top water!

Time to go fishin' again!

#9 Sep-16-16 11:26AM

Ernie
Administrator

Time to go fishin' again!

#10 Sep-17-16 12:58PM

TyF
Northern Snakehead

Not really sure about places out by Arlington but goose creek is where I would go. I have caught 5 smallies over 18" there in the past 2 years (I fish it more than most) all on top water walking baits. I like to head out more toward middleburg though.

#11 Sep-17-16 3:45PM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

Cool video!

Always wishin' I was fishin'

Board footer