Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jun-25-16 4:45PM

Ernie
Administrator

6-25-16, Severn River

My truck is back in the shop due to a pesky vacuum issue....but thankfully, Jeff just got a nice new truck so he pulled the Targa to the fishing hole. Definitely a new experience for me.

Today, we had no traffic so we splashed the boat and headed immediately to the radio towers....what? There were 5 other boats there already. We started casting (oh, today was fly only again) and did not get any immediate hits so in to the river we went.

Jeff took the skunk off early....

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj320/Kiko13PB/New%20Kiko/New%20Kiko001/IMGP2503_zpsrjzjrsdc.jpg

....and I followed suit. While not hot fishing we picked off many 9-10 inchers and very few of the smaller ones.

We were also catching small stripers!

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj320/Kiko13PB/New%20Kiko/New%20Kiko001/IMGP2504_zpsumypkpkj.jpg

We made a few drifts around the cove and caught 'em almost everywhere. Much like the day I had with Carlos, these guys wanted the fly dead and low. Often, when we picked up the line, a fish would be on.

Fly fishing for perch takes the game to a whole other level. And, it is sometimes a PIA in my bot because of all of the places the flay can get caught on. And we experienced them all.

After a bit, we went over to another creek but bad no luck but got to see this nice sail boat.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj320/Kiko13PB/New%20Kiko/New%20Kiko001/IMGP2505_zpsfxbzjelo.jpg

So we headed to the grass filed that has given up many perch.

When we 1st got there, Jeff's fly got hammered and he broke off. No clue what it was but it nearly took the rod out of his hands.

We didn't catch many but Jeff's 10.75 incher, which was biggest of the day, came from under a dock after a great cast.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj320/Kiko13PB/New%20Kiko/New%20Kiko001/IMGP2506_zpsqdfi9hbg.jpg

I also caught a 10+" perch here too.

We were staring to run our of time so we headed to Brewer's Pond but we had an issue. No trolling motor. We had power but the blade would not spin. We caught a few there but could not get a good drift so we went back to the other pond where we proceed to catch some more nice ones.

Then I got hooked up and the fish came up and shook his head and spit the hook. If it was a perch, it would have been the biggest I've ever seen! If a striper, then just run of the mill. Regardless, it was a rush.

At 2, we decided to call it a day and headed back to the ramp zoo although it was not too bad.

When we pulled the boat, I pulled the blade form the TM and there was a ton of line wrapped up in it. Did you do tat Mr. Folts?

Anyway, we had a great day, caught a ton of fish and all on the fly. I can get used to this.....

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Jun-25-16 7:47PM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: 6-25-16, Severn River

Congrats on the good day!  You are turning into a fly fishing snob....  Gotta get Bob out.

Always wishin' I was fishin'

#3 Jun-26-16 4:03AM

Ernie
Administrator

drxfish wrote:

You are turning into a fly fishing snob....  Gotta get Bob out.

lol

#4 Jun-26-16 11:59AM

Osprey
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Bob is sitting here pouting.

20' Key West..16' C-Hawk...Hobie Pro Angler...Hobie Outback

#5 Jun-26-16 12:22PM

Ernie
Administrator

Osprey wrote:

lol  lol

#6 Jun-26-16 2:03PM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

Osprey wrote:

So am I............ tongue

Hell or High Water...........I'm Fishin!!   big_smile

#7 Jul-02-16 6:34AM

GregF
Northern Snakehead

Hey!  I am sitting here minding my own business and suddenly I am getting accused of ruining Ernie's trolling motor!!!?????  What the heck?!  If I had actually been ON THE BOAT, then maybe.  It has been TOO LONG since I have been fishing on Ernie's boat.  We keep getting rained or blown out. 

Not sure the sarcasm and joking are coming through on my post.  So, I figured I would specifically say that I am just kidding around.  I hope it wasn't me.  Happy to help fix it if it was.

#8 Jul-02-16 1:07PM

Ernie
Administrator

Heck yes it was you....last year!!

Of course, I should have checked the TM after the end of the season. It worked like a charm today so you are off the hook!!

Glad you read the post......

#9 Jul-03-16 7:40AM

GregF
Northern Snakehead

Then maybe you owe me some fishing line since your trolling motor seems to have almost spooled me!  So there!

Last edited by GregF (Jul-03-16 7:41AM)

Board footer