Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jun-20-16 1:46PM

Ernie
Administrator

6-19-16, Cedar

While on my walk before the boys came over on Sunday, I happened on a turtle on the grass. After further inspection, I noticed that she was laying eggs.

I witnessed 3-4 of them. Was very cool. Had a mom and her kid come by and the little boy was enthralled by the event!

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj320/Kiko13PB/Newest%20Kiko/AV%20Lakes/Turtle_zpsrmryyko1.jpg

Hopefully, the fox, heron and skunk wont get to them but that's nature!

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Jun-20-16 2:10PM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: 6-19-16, Cedar

Really cool!

Always wishin' I was fishin'

#3 Jun-20-16 2:18PM

firemunkee
Patagonian Toothfish

Cool!

Together we'll fight the long defeat.

#4 Jun-21-16 9:25AM

mkupchyk

Neat! Yeah I pass by a retention pond (but it does hold pan fish and some bass, only 2-3 feet deep though) most days when picking up my youngest and she is on the lookout for the 3 main resident birds (plus geese, orioles, and others): blue heron, egret (white), and a white swan - just a massive bird, like 2-3 times bigger than the Canadian geese. We have witnessed blue heron and egret have a clash before, as well as an oriole chase and peck (so territorial) at blue heron across much of the pond....the amusing thing was the heron did not get fazed; it just continued walking along searching for fish. Once the swan flapped its wings, in warning I assume, and then waddled after a goose family (parents with goslings) while holding its neck dipped at an odd angle, it was a pretty strange sight. I spoke to a guy who claims he ran across a copperhead at this spot a few years ago, but I have never seen one there, only a northern water snake so perhaps he mixed those up. Oh and loads of turtles too! In any case, just amazed at the suburban ecosystems in our backyards (this pond is in the middle of a subdivision).

Last edited by mkupchyk (Jun-21-16 9:29AM)

#5 Jun-21-16 12:14PM

T.
Patagonian Toothfish

Two weekends ago at the race track a big painted turtle was hanging out on the rumble strip a few times during the day including one of my races.  It must've crawled up from the Dan River 1/4 mile away and with a pretty big change in elevation.

Board footer