Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Sep-28-08 2:01PM

Ernie
Administrator

Cedar Lake, 9-28-09

It was sunny and windy (15+ mph out of the N) so I decided to see if they biting. I walked to the rock pile behind my house and threw a short white wacky.  I kept throwing it and I kept throwing it....NOTHING....not even a bite so I moved over to the corner of my lot. Ten or twelve cats later....I had zippo.  sad

So I strayed a bit and fished behind my neighbor’s house. I also changed lures and put on a 6" SPIKE-IT WATERMELON - DIAMOND FLASH™ SPIKE-O that my friend Ruben Johnson had given me. Instead of throwing straight out and fanning my casts, I threw at an angle towards where some sunken Xmas trees are. Immediately, I got a tap and I set the hook but no one was home. I was throwing directly against the wind so I chucked it a little further so that the lure would sink near the tree.

On the next cast, I got a sensation that something was moving the lure but I was not sure because of the wind but when in doubt...SET THE HOOK! I did and my rod bent over and the drag started to scream.  big_smile Could this be my big fish of the year? Could this be something worth writing and talking about? Did I have my camera? Where was my scale? Was my knot tied on good enough? Are there any other fishermen out here that could see me?

Well....I landed an 18" FAT cow that weighed 4.1 pounds! I reweighed the fish 3 times to make sure it was a good weight! My largest bass of the year for sure!!

Obviously, I did not have the camera. No one was watching so I simply looked at her big eyes and thanked her for a thrill.   cool

I was fishing for 20 minutes and went in without making another cast.

Ernie

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Sep-28-08 2:52PM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Cedar Lake, 9-28-09

WOW!  I am glad to hear we still got some size to go after that is biting!!!

#3 Sep-28-08 5:11PM

Ernie
Administrator

After the surprise heavy rain I wondered if it would agitate the fish so I went back out after dinner (6:45) even though Curly and I had talked earlier that our bass don't seem to bite much when the sun goes down. Well.....they did tonight!

I only fished for 30 minutes (during the last quarter of the Redskins game!) but I caught 7 bass! Four of them came on the SPIKE-IT worm (wacky) but all were shy of the 1 pound mark. I then switched to an LC SP Pointer (gold) and managed to catch 3 more including one that was 1.1 pounds. I cannot remember the last time I threw hard plastic at Cedar!

I came in after the mosquitoes had sucked a pint of blood from me. They must like Cuban blood....I hope I don't get West Nile from this!

BTW, I was able to know that the Redskins won by the cheering coming from all of the houses in the hood!

Ernie

Time to go fishin' again!

#4 Sep-28-08 5:51PM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

Pacemaker wrote:

After the surprise heavy rain I wondered if it would agitate the fish so I went back out after dinner (6:45) even though Curly and I had talked earlier that our bass don't seem to bite much when the sun goes down. Well.....they did tonight!

I only fished for 30 minutes (during the last quarter of the Redskins game!) but I caught 7 bass! Four of them came on the SPIKE-IT worm (wacky) but all were shy of the 1 pound mark. I then switched to an LC SP Pointer (gold) and managed to catch 3 more including one that was 1.1 pounds. I cannot remember the last time I threw hard plastic at Cedar!

I came in after the mosquitoes had sucked a pint of blood from me. They must like Cuban blood....I hope I don't get West Nile from this!

BTW, I was able to know that the Redskins won by the cheering coming from all of the houses in the hood!

Ernie

GO SKINS!  I don't know what it is with the mosquito's, but when me and Matt went out for a hour he counted 15 bites and I had none. ???

Board footer