Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Feb-17-16 4:22PM

Ernie
Administrator

CCA NoVA lineup of speakers for 2016.....

....and a pretty good one at that!

Meetings are open to all!

2016 Calendar of events:

•              March 1st – Captain Pete Dahlberg – Four Seasons Guide Service –– Pete will be sharing his experience on  the Middle Chesapeake bay, the Eastern shore shallows, and more!

•              April  5th – Mike Bailey – Will be discussing Fletcher’s Cove Fishery

•              May 3rd –  Michael Bartgis (Redfish12)- Hobie Kayak Fishing Team & Snaggedline, will be discussing spring and summer kayak fishing patterns.

•              June 7th  - Bob Beal – Executive Director for ASMFC  – Topics TBD

•              Sep. 13th - Steve Leathery – NOAA, will be talking about Walleye fishing and more on the Upper Potomca (DC area)

•              Oct. 11th - TBD

Meeting will take place at Neighbors Restaurant, 262 Cedar Ln, Vienna, VA. We get there around 6:00p for dinner. Meeting starts at 7:15p.

Meeting will take place at Neighbors Restaurant, 262 Cedar Ln, Vienna, VA 22180

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Mar-29-16 6:08PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: CCA NoVA lineup of speakers for 2016.....

Next week should be good.....and May 3rd will be great!

#3 Apr-25-16 3:40PM

Ernie
Administrator

If you fish off a yak, this is a MUST go!

•              May 3rd –  Michael Bartgis (Redfish12)- Hobie Kayak Fishing Team & Snaggedline, will be discussing spring and summer kayak fishing patterns.

Free event and you can get some good kabobs before Michael's talk!

#4 Apr-25-16 6:44PM

Redfish12
Northern Snakehead
Website

I'm looking forward to it Ernie! If there is anything you all want me to cover please let me know on here so I can make sure to add to my presentation. I'm bringing Mike Rosa (owner of Snaggedline and also Hobie Fishing team) with me to discuss summer rock and speck fishing.

#5 Apr-25-16 6:57PM

Ernie
Administrator

Redfish12 wrote:

I'm looking forward to it Ernie! If there is anything you all want me to cover please let me know on here so I can make sure to add to my presentation. I'm bringing Mike Rosa (owner of Snaggedline and also Hobie Fishing team) with me to discuss summer rock and speck fishing.

That should do it.....and maybe a little about how you rig up your yak and how you use different rods etc.

#6 May-04-16 12:35PM

Ernie
Administrator

Packed house last night and they wouldn't leave. Most interactive meeting I've been to in a long while. Tons of kayak stuff to look at. Interesting what you can rig up.....and where these guys fish!

Thanks for doing it Michael!

#7 Oct-06-16 8:19AM

Ernie
Administrator

Next meeting is Tuesday, October 11th @ 7pm.

Guest speaker - Captain Tyler Nonn, Tidewater Charters–  Tyler will be discussing his 2016 experience with Lower bay fishing for Cobia and Bull Reds. We may even get a story or two from his recent guiding in Alaska!

Tyler Nonn Bio:

Tidewater Charters is owned and operated by Captain Tyler Nonn. Since establishing the company in 2009, Tyler’s guide services specialize in fly fishing and light tackle fishing for striped bass, cobia, and redfish in the Chesapeake Bay. Outside of the Maryland and Virginia's Eastern Shore Tyler has spent time running trips out of the Florida Keys and Alaska.
You
Meeting will take place at Neighbors Restaurant, 262 Cedar Lane, Vienna, VA 22180

We have the special meeting room from 6:00 – 9:30 – and many of us will be showing up for dinner at 6:00.  Speaker’s  presentation will start at 7:00.  The wait staff at Neighbors will gladly serve us food and beverages throughout the evening, but if you plan to eat dinner, it might be best to arrive at 6:00.

*Neighbors management provides CCA with this room free of charge, and although you are not required to purchase food and drink, we encourage you to order, and enjoy!

LAST CHANCE TO BUY RAFFLE TICKETS !
There will be two WINNING TICKETS PULLED AT OCTOBER 11th MEETING - each winner gets their choice of prize.
Prizes are either a Shimano Stradic 2500 & a pair of Costa Sunglasses
Proceeds from Raffle will go to support our Habitat project.

Spring 2017 Auction/Banquet – March 18th 2017 at the Kena Temple facility in Fairfax VA.
We will be putting together an Auction committee very soon for this great event.

Please consider volunteering for this exciting event.

Board footer