Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Oct-04-15 6:05AM

captmikestarrett
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Capt Dave and Capt Mike Adventure Week

After the weekend crew packed up and left Capt Dave and I worked on the dock and fixed a bunch of stuff around the house. That ate up our Monday.
Tuesday we headed up the Dragon is some high winds. We arrived at low tide and for the next four hours as the tide came in we caught well over 20 bowfin and a dozen LGMouth. We had two bowfin hooked at a time, several times.
http://www.indianheadcharters.com/15/157.jpg

What a fantastic morning. I lost two topwater baits to the bowfin.
http://www.indianheadcharters.com/15/158.jpg
http://www.indianheadcharters.com/15/159.jpg

On Wednesday we brought Kris (learning to fish) with us and found a great bite again as the tide came in. The flooded fields of the Dragon at extreme high tide turned out to be an untapped resource. Horny toads and swimbaits produced some fantastic hits and we even landed a few. One snakehead that came unbuttoned half way in also. And some LGMouth in the mix. No pics as we where having too much fun. Kris learned to "set the hook" that trip having missed about 6 nice fish. The bite ended before he completed his lesson.

Thursday with the weather going bad we decided to pull my Mako off the lift and do a little fishing. The colder air and drizzle made for some tough fishing. So we did some white perch fishing for dinner. Kris kept getting hits and could never hook up, we had a dozen for dinner and I noticed Kris had no hook on his lure. Capt Dave handed him his rod and two casts later lucky 13 was in the livewell. Lesson two "Have a hook"

Friday we canceled the weekend trip and packed up to come home. Capt Dave had a spectacular trailer tire blow out on the way home and I managed to get home with out a wheel falling of my trailer. However a tree fell on my truck Friday night. Damage was not bad. At least not as bad as Tuesday when my truck slipped off the road into a deep ditch. Oh always an adventure.

Capt Mike
Capt Dave

Light Tackle Fishing Guide on the Potomac

#2 Oct-04-15 9:05AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Capt Dave and Capt Mike Adventure Week

Well done boys.....our group was the one that got shut out of fishing for this weekend with Capts. Mike & Dave with the worsening conditions and with the Dragon spilling its sides.  Maybe next year.....

All I know is that on Saturday, I kept getting emails from Greg wondering if we could fish somewhere. Sure....30-40 mph wind on the bay, huge waves  to boot, high water everywhere, cold temps (my body has not yet acclimated).....I think not.

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Oct-04-15 10:18AM

Osprey
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

E. we went to Rod n Reel for brunch today. Both rock jetties were under water and waves were going over the wood bulkhead. There were whitecaps in the marina all the way to the bridge and the charter boats were bobbing around like rubber duckies in a washing machine. The bay was all white.

20' Key West..16' C-Hawk...Hobie Pro Angler...Hobie Outback

#4 Oct-04-15 10:21AM

Ernie
Administrator

Osprey wrote:

E. we went to Rod n Reel for brunch today. Both rock jetties were under water and waves were going over the wood bulkhead. There were whitecaps in the marina all the way to the bridge and the charter boats were bobbing around like rubber duckies in a washing machine. The bay was all white.

Tell that to Greg!

#5 Oct-05-15 9:54AM

Ernie
Administrator

You guys did have quite an adventure.

Blowing out a tire is not fun. Falling in a ditch is worrisome and having a tree fall on your truck is just plain bad.

I hope your insurance covers the damage.

#6 Oct-05-15 3:21PM

GregF
Northern Snakehead

Ya, I know...you guys were right.  But it was cold but not windy or rainy up here.  I had to hear it from Ernie that down south it was raining and blown out.  Just stunk not being able to fish when I have been looking forward to that trip for several months!  Next year won't come soon enough.

#7 Oct-05-15 3:33PM

captmikestarrett
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Your crew is all set for next year Oct 1st and 2nd 2016. Please keep in mind that Sept is Hurricane season. Next year I will have real Pat O Brian's Hurricanes mixed up Friday night for your arrival.
It could be a two drink limit for those want to to fish on Saturday.

Always a blast at Starrett Pointe.

Capt Mike

Light Tackle Fishing Guide on the Potomac

Board footer