Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Sep-21-15 2:01PM

T.
Patagonian Toothfish

Briery Creek 9/18

This past weekend were the final motorcycle races of the season for me and that meant passing by Briery Creek on the way.  The GF and I headed down Thursday afternoon and got a room in Farmville for the night.  We got to the lake at sunrise only to find the water level was about two feet lower than usual.  I'm not sure what's up with that, if it's just the lack of rain or an intentional draw down.   But that meant not being about to fish my two prime spots.  There was no water there and it's looked like there hadn't been any there for a long time.

So the fishing sucked for me since I had to figure other ways to find and catch fish.  I only caught one dink.

But while motoring back to the south ramp from the area of the north ramp, we came upon a feeding frenzy.  Unfortunately we came to a stop in the middle of it and the fish got spooked.  But I did clearly see a bunch of big bass at the surface.  I did get one to nip at a spinnerbait before they were all gone.  This was at noon too.  That was really unexpected.  Definitely something I'll be looking for on future trips.

#2 Sep-21-15 5:36PM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Briery Creek 9/18

Interesting...never been there.  Kinda sad too...smile

Always wishin' I was fishin'

#3 Sep-22-15 3:36AM

backtofuturetoyota
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Briery Creek 9/18

Sounds like everyone is fattening up for the winter!  It's a good reminder to keep an eye out for that type of commotion on the water.

Board footer