Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Aug-30-15 7:53PM

captmikestarrett
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Last Summer Double Report

Summer is over and it was a tough season. The Potomac Pike saved many trips with many follows and even more hits. Caught twice as many as last year and gained some real insight into how they feed and where they live. Many new lures helped and some old tricks tweaked put more Potomac Pike on the hook this summer. It is a bittersweet ending indeed. Tonight's trips had some of the finest fisherman available and once the clouds showed up it was like the feeding switch was turned right off. We had some good hits early but it just kinda fizzled out.

For the next 5 weeks Capt Dave and I will be fishing in Northern Neck on the Piankatank and we hope the fishing will improve down there..
Have a Happy Labor Day weekend and remember that the Potomac Pike is really a great sport fish on rod and reel..

Thanks for reading our reports.

Capt Mike
Capt Dave

Light Tackle Fishing Guide on the Potomac

#2 Aug-30-15 8:08PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Last Summer Double Report

My hand hurts from the many casts I made tonight and I lost my glasses. But I am happy to be counted as one the "finest" along with Bob, Dave and Stephen.

We had a few follows and a couple of very weak bites but it was still great to get out.

Tonight, we had ribs, chicken, pork chops, potato salad, slaw and Good Humor ice cream. And blue Gatorade! Plus fishing with some great friends as well.

Beats not going out by a mile!

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Aug-30-15 8:30PM

Ernie
Administrator

Update- Crisis averted, glasses have been found! They are at Up the Creek rentals where I left them.....

#4 Aug-30-15 8:53PM

Osprey
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Ernie wrote:

Update- Crisis averted, glasses have been found! They are at Up the Creek rentals where I left them.....

When you bought the ice cream? Would you like me to pick them up and we can meet somewhere?

20' Key West..16' C-Hawk...Hobie Pro Angler...Hobie Outback

#5 Aug-31-15 5:15AM

Ernie
Administrator

They are closed today but he said he could ever me there so I need to get it figured out. It's a shame to drive all the way down that way without whetting a line.....

#6 Aug-31-15 10:40AM

captmikestarrett
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/58925254.jpg

Capt Mike

Light Tackle Fishing Guide on the Potomac

#7 Aug-31-15 12:02PM

Ernie
Administrator

Now I can see clearly again! Great shot of that kid....that's how I felt today when I retrieved them.

That was a long, dark ride home last night.....

Board footer