Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Sep-01-08 12:42PM

CozUF2001
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Heron - Clear Water Report

I headed over to Heron this afternoon around 2pm with Gunner (my dog). As I was walking him, I noticed a few bass in the creek area with one of them a good size. Meanwhile, I was waiting for my wife to call me from Dulles Airport to pick her up.

After seeing the bass, I headed home, threw some shoes on and grabbed a rod and Gunner (good luck charm dog) and headed over to land the fish. About 20 steps from the spot, my wife called (timing?!). I told her I had to catch the fish and then I would go and pick her up. Fortunately, she had to go through customs so I had a little time. I got to the spot, saw the bass and immediately started pitching to him. After a few tries, I got him to eat the bait. I went to set the hook and he spit it out. (Booooo)

As Iaconelli says, "never give up". Knowing I had to leave, but wanting that fish, I pitched the lure back into the water through some cover where he was hiding. I felt the bump, looked down and only saw the weight. I set the hook and the fight was on. Well, the fight was short, but I hoisted him up out of the water, took a look, threw him on the scale, and he weighed in at 3lbs 1oz. I held him up proudly, yelled out a woooo, to notify some fisherman in the gazebo who shot over a quick look. A nice fish, a quick moment of achievement and I headed to the airport.

Tight lines!

If it were easy, they'd call it catching!

#2 Sep-01-08 12:59PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Heron - Clear Water Report

Way to go......and not give up!

Ernie

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer