Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jun-04-15 7:42AM

TyF
Northern Snakehead

Beaverdam 6/3

Went out to beaverdam on Tuesday from shore for about an hour and caught 4 fish two of them were around 4 pounds and the others were a pound each. This was a surprise so a buddy and I decided to head out there yesterday on the kayaks. We tried everything. We went deep with crankbaits and jigs, we tried points and shallow. the only place we caught any fish was up shallow in less than 10 feet of water on weightless senkos and slow rolled swimbaits. We ended up with about 20 total with only 2 being under 2 pounds. The rest ranged from 2-4 pounds. We also lost about 10 fish total which is way more than I would have liked. Not sure what the problem was but they would either come unbuttoned or my line would break on the hookset. I will have to look into a new leader material I guess. Overall it was probably the best day I have ever had on beaverdam which was really encouraging after everything that lake has gone through.

#2 Jun-04-15 9:17AM

mkupchyk

Re: Beaverdam 6/3

That's awesome. Did you stay close to the ramp/parking area when you fished from shore or did you walk far? Were you Texas rigged, wacky rigged or both?

#3 Jun-04-15 9:18AM

firemunkee
Patagonian Toothfish

Wow! Sounds like a banner day! Well done!!! What were you using when you were fishing from shore?

Together we'll fight the long defeat.

#4 Jun-04-15 11:51AM

Ernie
Administrator

So glad to see reports form there...well done.

Time to go fishin' again!

#5 Jun-04-15 12:26PM

T.
Patagonian Toothfish

How is the water level now?   It's if up a bunch now that would probably explain the bass being shallow.  All the bugs in the grass are food for what the bass are after.

#6 Jun-04-15 10:01PM

TyF
Northern Snakehead

we started from shore about 100 yards from the ramp and caught our first fish on a weighted texas rigged 10 inch worm. We moved from there to the dam on foot and proceeded to catch 3 more all on weightless Texas rigged senkos.

Water level still looked to be 5-7 feet low but some of the grass was finally getting into the water and the pump was running by the dam pumping water in.

#7 Jun-05-15 12:33PM

T.
Patagonian Toothfish

TyF wrote:

we started from shore about 100 yards from the ramp and caught our first fish on a weighted texas rigged 10 inch worm. We moved from there to the dam on foot and proceeded to catch 3 more all on weightless Texas rigged senkos.

Water level still looked to be 5-7 feet low but some of the grass was finally getting into the water and the pump was running by the dam pumping water in.

Are you sure it's pumping water in?  It was 4-5ft below full pool last weekend.  It had to of come up by now unless they're pumping out or have a valve open.

Where would they be pumping water in from?

Last edited by T. (Jun-05-15 12:33PM)

#8 Jun-07-15 10:26AM

TyF
Northern Snakehead

water was coming out of the top of the tower into the lake. It was definitely pumping water in but not at a very fast rate. not sure it is helping that much

#9 Jul-19-15 7:54AM

Kicknstang

I hit Beaverdam (finally!) last sunday and yesterday. Last week I Landed three good size LMB, had a fourth, larger one, break off right at the boat, and a decent size Cat (Blue?). All on 7" power worm, dragging bottom where creek channels meet the main channel. Didnt have my sonar up but was guestimating the transition from 6-7' to 12-15'. Got skunked yesterday trying the same pattern. I was so happy to know there are still plenty of fish in there and good size ones to boot! Lots of action out there. Fish splashing all over the surface and some small boils noted also. Anyone know what those are? Didnt see any of the usual Carp but I wasn't in any shallow water. Kept having little fish nipping at my worm but couldnt ever see to tell what they were. Kind of annoying actually. maybe some perch? Anyone have any advice on deeper water tactics to pick up those bigguns as the water gets hotter?

#10 Jul-19-15 10:48AM

TyF
Northern Snakehead

Those fish on the surface and most likely nipping your bait are tons of small white perch. every time I go out I see at least one school of perch boiling on the surface. I hear jigs and cranks fished deep are the key to big fish there but have never really had the patience to stick to that pattern.

#11 Jul-20-15 9:20AM

mqfire

Was curious about that so brought fly rod out Sunday AM (not fun on a  sit in Kayak by the way).   Hook up some white Perch

Board footer