Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#26 Nov-03-14 11:27AM

KevinJ
Northern Snakehead

Re: Found new spot in Brambleton

I had been using a 1/2 oz. Sexy Shad Rapala lipless until the front treble tore out of it.  Not sure how that happens on a 12 oz. fish? Anyway, switched to chartreuse/black back and they seem to be hitting that even better.  I've been letting it sink all the way to the bottom and hopping it off the bottom.  Long(ish) pauses between twitches.  Hook up rate is really good right now (probably at least 85% offhand) as they really seem to be aggressively going after it.  I've noticed this in the Ashburn ponds recently too.

#27 Nov-03-14 11:43AM

Kicknstang

Good to know. Ill give it a shot next time I'm out. Thanks for the info.

#28 Nov-09-14 4:16PM

KevinJ
Northern Snakehead

Lipless bite quit.  Caught 8 yesterday and 2 today on a jig.

#29 Nov-24-14 12:27PM

Kicknstang

Went out yesterday and got skunked. There was still ice on the surface of the shaded inlet cove. Had one short strike on a 4" senko texas rigged and dragging on the bottom but that's it. Only out there for 45 mins and probably went too late in the day as there was no sun anymore. Fished the same spots with the same bait for the same amount of time a couple weeks ago and got 10. 3 on the first 4 casts!

#30 Nov-25-14 6:19AM

mkupchyk

Same here, I went out yesterday at lunchtime since the temps were in the 70s and fished the close spot near the northwest inlet....nothing, not even a strike (it got super windy too). I was only there for ~30 min and did not have time to walk the dam side but I may stop by today and see if the bite is better over there. I was fishing a 5" Senko black/blue and also Jigs (1/2 oz and 1/4 oz), one black/blue and the other watermelon/brown, with a trailer.

Hey Kicknstang the private message you asked about a while back was probably from me, I sent you an email about seeing if you wanted to meet up to fish there. Let me know and we can figure out how to connect. I'm off tomorrow and my try to go over in the afternoon (errands in the AM), but I think the weather is supposed to get cold and rain/mix so that may not work.

Oh and someone asked about the small pond down the street with the observation deck....I have not fished there but may try it out one day since it's such easy access from the main road. The only thing is it looks pretty shallow, but you never know so I think a quick 30 min. will be a good test.

#31 Nov-25-14 2:06PM

Kicknstang

mkupchyk- Ok, I wasn't sure how to respond but I guess its just an email and I can respond from there. I don't really have time to fish except for the weekends now since it gets dark before I get off work. But after a couple nice days I'll try it out there again. I hit that other small pond you were wondering about one time. Fished maybe 20% of it on a day when a strong cold front was moving through. Was stormy and windy, dropping pressure and temperature. I spent 30 mins or so and got one smaller bass. I could see a lot of swirling water and stuff that seemed like fish chasing bait and what not below the surface. it did seem pretty shallow for most of it but looked to have a deeper channel running through it diagonally. I would like to try it next summer when I have an established pattern on the bigger pond that I can apply there. Good luck out there!

Board footer