Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Oct-30-14 10:01AM

backtofuturetoyota
Patagonian Toothfish

Striper fishing out of Kent 10/27

Went with my friend and his daughter off his crabbing boat on Monday out of shipping creek.  The weather was beautiful and the wind was very light.  Caught our limit in just over 2 hours trolling.  We also did a lot of trolling towards the birds where the fish were breaking.  The purpose of course was so that I could toss my light tackle rig into the swarm and watch them chase and maybe catch a few.  I managed to get a breaker on my light tackle and it was a blast pulling him in.  All the keepers were at 18-20 and will make for some really good eating.  I didn't have time to take pictures with all the stuff going on, but it was a great day with great weather.  I told myself I would stay away from the trophy fish considering the damage it's doing, so this is a great start.  This also happens to be the first time out for me since having surgery this summer...making this the worst summer I've ever had, but no complaining.  I'm grateful to get out and enjoy the outdoors!
I do have one picture to post!
http://i731.photobucket.com/albums/ww313/backtofuturetoyota/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20141027_112803_870_zpse3b54486.jpg

Last edited by backtofuturetoyota (Oct-31-14 5:14AM)

#2 Oct-30-14 10:19AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Striper fishing out of Kent 10/27

Very nice....glad you are back fishing!

BTW, just saw a picture of a 51" striper caught off the PLO pier on the 28th!

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer