Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Oct-27-14 11:53AM

mkupchyk

Lake Braddock in Burke

I fished Lake Braddock in Burke this past Saturday morning (dropped the wife and kids at Frozen on Ice at the Patriot Center) but was only able to fish it for about 20 min since I had a few other things to do before picking them up. Several nice strikes that were misses and then I caught one largemouth, a small guy maybe 3/4 of a pound. I was fishing a 5 inch black with blue flake Senko worm with a 3/0 hook on a Texas rig with a 1/8 oz. tungsten weight. For people that do not know the exact area, a good spot to park in at the end of Cotherstone Ct. off of Lake Braddock Drive (which is off of Burke Lake Road, close to the intersection with Rolling Rd. and Braddock Rd.), there is a cul-de-sac with street parking and the path to the lake is right there so it's literally ~40 yards to the water. It is easy to walk all the way around the lake and there is good cover for the fish with lilly pads and water vegetation in lots of places.

#2 Oct-27-14 4:25PM

mudkart
Northern Snakehead

Re: Lake Braddock in Burke

It's a private lake.

#3 Oct-27-14 6:37PM

mkupchyk

Well it is not private property if that is what you are saying. It is a lake for the use of residents of the neighborhood and guests (says it right on the sign, plus it's catch and release) and I happen to know people who live there. The surrounding residential area is a decent size so you may know someone from there.

#4 Oct-28-14 10:48AM

AndrewDo124
Patagonian Toothfish

guests of residents are allowed but it is still considered a private lake and not open to the public. much like the Ashburn Village Lakes.

not trying to give you a hard time, just don't want to give out the wrong idea on a public forum.

that being said, glad you were able to get a bite! it can be tough at times.

#5 Oct-28-14 1:57PM

mkupchyk

I was a guest of a resident. Maybe I missed it but I did not see where the local ponds & lakes forums is limited to posts about only 100% public access places, if so I apologize. Just trying to let people know about a nice spot that they may be able to fish if they meet the requirements. Thanks, yeah it was a really nice day, warm with blue skies and a slight breeze (felt like May not Oct), the water was semi-clear so I could see into the lily pad beds. Just a pleasure to relax and fish for the short time I was there.

Last edited by mkupchyk (Oct-28-14 1:59PM)

#6 Oct-28-14 11:43PM

bigjeffie
Patagonian Toothfish

We all need to be artfully vague at times

When it comes to water, traffic invariably erupts in controversy..

I appreciate the comments. I am still getting a few casts in the evening.

My waters are low and clear. U almost need dusk or a breeze to reduce the spook factor

#7 Oct-29-14 5:13AM

AndrewDo124
Patagonian Toothfish

No no haha. Mkupchyk, its open to post of all fishing adventures (less tresspassing). Didn't mean to seem like I was coming at you for your post. I was just clarifying that the lake is for residents and their guest and not open to the public. I didn't think it'd be wise to give off the impression on a public forum, where lots of people come for fishing spots, that the lake was open to the public. I'm in that community twice a week visiting my god son so i'm familiar with some of the issues they have with the lake and trespassers.

I appreciate your report. keep it up!

My best outting at this lake was in the spring after a heavy rain. the water turned to chocolate milk so all the bass were holding tight to cover. I skipped senkos under branches, next to structure and just kept hammering them that day. I haven't had a day like that in awhile though.

Last edited by AndrewDo124 (Oct-29-14 5:13AM)

Board footer