Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Sep-13-14 3:19PM

Ernie
Administrator

9-13-14, the chase for the big ones continues

Both Bob and I are involved in the prestigious SRRKC White Perch tourney which is a 2 month long endeavor. This is a high dollar tourney (entry fee is $10 per person).

I have been doing this now for 4-5 years...it is totally addicting!

Today we put in at Spa Creek to fish the Severn. We had some ideas on where to try.

We actually passed up the spot where we always take the skunk off, the pipe at the condo but we were on a mission. The 1st spot we went to was the radio towers. It always produces and it not disappoint.

1st, Bob catches a speckled trout!

Then he proceeds to out catch me. He was using a double jig rig with some Fish Bite pieces. I was using a Woody or crappie spinner lure.

The bite was not fast but the fish were plump....many in the 10" range until this nice 11.5"er that Bob caught!

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj320/Kiko13PB/New%20Kiko/002_zps4c3a50fb.jpg

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj320/Kiko13PB/New%20Kiko/003_zpsd6f5e297.jpg

This will move him up on the leader board.

As of right now, Bob will be in 3rd place with 34.25"........I am in 2nd place with 34.5" which is .25" off the lead. Tight it is!

We did get rained on...a lot but we stayed at it.....tried many different well known spots. Some of the perchers in the club fish for them deep with spoons and live bait (crabs, worms etc).

Some of the locals (including a scientist) were commenting on bad water....low oxygen.

On the way back, we did stop at the Condos and Bob caught 1 fish....an 11 incher! Crazy! I could have used that one to move into a tie for 1st!

Well....we only have the rest of the month and only a few more opportunities to get them. But we will continue the chase for sure....until....they run to the deep.!

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Sep-15-14 7:02AM

Thai
Northern Snakehead

Re: 9-13-14, the chase for the big ones continues

Looks like I'm missing the perching so far this year! Need to get out there!

#3 Sep-16-14 8:55AM

hookup
Patagonian Toothfish

Nice job guys

#4 Sep-19-14 4:32AM

firemunkee
Patagonian Toothfish

Where were those guys when we went out? Well done smile

Together we'll fight the long defeat.

#5 Sep-19-14 2:52PM

Ernie
Administrator

firemunkee wrote:

Where were those guys when we went out?

The big guys were just south of us and the choppy river forced me to stay in the Wicomico .....lots of WP but big ones are few and far between.

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer