Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Aug-11-14 9:03PM

Dominion Dan
Patagonian Toothfish

Youghiogheny River PA 8/10/14

Yes, I'm still fishing. Yes, it is very different than my typical summertime fishing on the Tidal Potomac in VA. I fished a stretch of the Youghiogheny ("Yough" pronounced "Yawk") River about an hour southeast of Pittsburgh. Lots of Indian names up here...
It fishes sort of like the upper Potomac but it isn't as wide. It hosts smallmouth, musky, freshwater drum, and walleye.
I don't have my boat up here yet so I found a spot to wade and scored five smallmouth up to about 15". No pictures this time as stopping to get the phone out of the dry bag is tough when you're waist high in water and holding a fish. I'll try to get some pictures next time. I've barely even fished with my baitcasters since I came up here. I've been on the Ohio River a few times and now the Yough. Everybody uses finesse gear and small baits for bass. There aren't many largemouth in the rivers so everything is downsized for smallmouth. Hopefully I'll get used to it soon. Oh, and sadly, I've put all my frogs into my "reserve" box...I don't think I'll be using them unless I'm back home on the Potomac. sad

Last edited by Dominion Dan (Aug-11-14 9:04PM)

#2 Aug-12-14 4:03AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Youghiogheny River PA 8/10/14

Thanks for the report and glad you are adapting....

Always an open seat available for you with some advance notice!

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer