Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jul-26-14 11:32AM

Ernie
Administrator

7-26-14, Pohick

The weather forecast today called for a spectacular day....

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj320/Kiko13PB/New%20Kiko/001_zps9f0c1527.jpg

....it was!

They said we may get some sprinkles in the morning....it did that, all 37 of them.

The goal for Jon DeHart (Hartbreaker) and me was snakeheads. All we brought were frogs and paddle flukes.

As we moved into the zone, we ran into BillyBigMouth. I hope he did well.

We also ran into Tony Choi who was fishing the NHBA tourney. Tony is a 2-time National PVA Bass champ! We saw a nice snakie follow his frog but it did not bite. He then proceeded to catch a nice 3lb bass. I was supposed to fish that tourney with Mike (purpleworm) but I only wanted to fish until noon so Mike was able to find another partner with a boat.

Oh....we did not catch any. We only had one solid follow.

The bass were inactive as well....a few nips and halfhearted attempts bit nothing but el skunko.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj320/Kiko13PB/Newest%20Kiko/200px-Pepe_Le_Pew_zps2350e0f5.png

Jon is going nuts....he needs to catch a snakehead in the worst way.

Great time today even if we had to share the water with 1/2 dozen boats and numerous kayakers. Everyone played nice.

On the water by 7:00 and home by 1pm!

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Jul-27-14 3:04PM

BillyBigMouth
Northern Snakehead

Re: 7-26-14, Pohick

I did OK.  Was able to find a pretty good bite on a frog.  Even though I was able to find some fish, I missed 4 blow ups!!!!  I was never so angry at myself while fishing.  I am trying to get my first snakehead and I think the excitement of being on them made me too excited when I saw them hit.  I did manage to hook one blow-up and it was a very fat 17.5" bass.  It helped to catch something even though it wasn't what I was after.

Board footer