Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jul-29-08 6:44PM

Ernie
Administrator

7-29-08 Cedar Lake yak report

I splashed my back up yak after dinner to chase down the elusive big bass in Cedar! Lost of algae!

I started with a gold/red wacky style (actually a case Jack's worm) and proceeded to land a 5" blue gill...on a 2/0 hook! What?

Anyway, that was it so I switched to a white 6" wacky a landed 4 that were under a pound. The last one fell on my lap and as I was tossing him back, I realized the hook was still in his mouth but the line was cut so that was the end of that style fishing! So I went to a Silver Buddy and proceeded to land two more....so that was nice. I tried a bug and a pig 'n jig and nothing. Same with a spinner bait. As a last resort, I tied on a deep diving shad crank bait and landed two more.

Not a bad evening but where are the big fish?? Most of the fish were caught a little deeper than normal since I was floating around.

No pics because no camera! Did I mention the algae?

Ernie

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Jul-30-08 5:37PM

CozUF2001
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Re: 7-29-08 Cedar Lake yak report

Would you like some algae, er, I mean salad with your dinner?!

If it were easy, they'd call it catching!

#3 Jul-30-08 7:21PM

Ernie
Administrator

Curly got a good shot of the algae...nasty. But I did not throw something weedless, I agree on a possible blowup if you do. Most of the fish were in close to the algae mats.

Ernie

Time to go fishin' again!

#4 Jul-31-08 4:18AM

CozUF2001
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

It might even be worth while to tie on a 1/2oz or  1oz sinker and punch through it with a nice black and blue compact bait, like a Sweet Beaver. That is a strong tool for the Potomac mats.

If it were easy, they'd call it catching!

Board footer