Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Apr-06-14 8:46AM

T.
Patagonian Toothfish

Beaverdam 4/6

I went out there this morning to check it out.  Loudoun Water has put up new signs, same rules as before.  It was my first time fishing anywhere since early December. I headed to one of my hot spots.  Second cast of my pro senko look-alike and I hooked up with a 16" LMB.  No picture since I managed to forget it in my truck.  I made some casts with a spoon and spinnerbait too.  Before I left I retrieved the dock that must've gotten blown loose yesterday.  It was about 50 yards from where it should've been.  My Wavewalk was very effective at pushing it like a tug boat.  One of the crew sculls was sitting in the middle of the cove around the corner too. I didn't bother with that.

#2 Apr-06-14 8:58AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Beaverdam 4/6

Thanks for the report....we talked about the res while fishing yesterday. Need to pay a visit soon.

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Apr-07-14 3:55AM

Bruce
Northern Snakehead

Travis,
Glad to hear that you broke the ice for 2014. I was thinking of hitting Beaverdam tomorrow afternoon. But then I saw that winds will be steady at about 15mph out of the NW. Is that direction and speed too much to safely enjoy Beaverdam fishing?
Thanks,
Bruce

#4 Apr-07-14 12:39PM

T.
Patagonian Toothfish

Generally if the winds are greater than 10mph I won't bother going to the reservoir.  I spend more time positioning and I don't catch anything anyways.

10-15mph is OK in the late afternoon typically because once the sun goes down the winds drop too.  So I just deal with it for a little while.

Direction doesn't make a difference to me as long as it isn't blowing from where I want to go.  Sometimes you just have to go with the flow and hope it dies down for the paddle back.

I'm looking into some options for a trolling motor right now.  That will definitely make me more tolerant of the wind.

Last edited by T. (Apr-07-14 12:41PM)

Board footer