Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jul-28-08 12:52PM

skvan

Heron Pond 7/28 AM

Wandered down around 10am fished for a couple of hours near the HAO building.

Started out using worms and not even a nibble, was only in the last 30 mins before heading off home that I switched to a crankbait and things started getting interesting.

Caught 2 nice bass (well nice for me) one at 0.9lbs and the other at 1.1lbs. Sadly had a slight techical hitch with my cell phones camera in that I forgot to save the pics, but at least the scales worked to get an accurate weight. The bigger one of the two had some damage to its top fin making it quite distinctive almost as if it had 2 top fins

Last edited by skvan (Jul-28-08 12:54PM)

Skvan

#2 Jul-28-08 1:01PM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Heron Pond 7/28 AM

I love that pond!  Nice job!

#3 Jul-28-08 2:41PM

CozUF2001
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Curly is right. I have placed all of the bass I have caught for the challenge into Heron Pond. I will continue to do so as well. Now that I know how to add pictures, I will post some pictures of some hogs I have pulled out of there. These are from 2006.

July 11, 2006 - 3lb and 4lb
http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k385/cozuf2001/3lb_Bass_Pond_25_071106.jpg

http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k385/cozuf2001/4lb_Bass_Pond_25_071106.jpg

December 13, 2006 - 2.5lb and 2lb
http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k385/cozuf2001/Pond_Bass_25_121306.jpg

http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k385/cozuf2001/Pond_Bass_25_2_121306.jpg

December 17, 2006 - 3.5 lb
http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k385/cozuf2001/Pond_Bass_25_121706.jpg

http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k385/cozuf2001/Pond_Bass_Layout_25_121706.jpg

If it were easy, they'd call it catching!

#4 Jul-28-08 5:00PM

skvan

Took my 6 y/o step son to Heron pond tonight for an hour. Set him up with his little rod and some corn on the hook, he was pulling little blue gill out of there so fast I didnt get to do any fishing myself as I was too busy getting the fish off his hook.

Anyone listening to him talking tonight would think he had just been crowned King of Fishing wink

Nice one Patrick, you keep throwing them in there and I will continue for the most part to not catch them !

Skvan

#5 Jul-28-08 5:44PM

CozUF2001
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Tossed 5 more in about 10 minutes ago.

#6 Jul-28-08 5:55PM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

Went to Heron for twenty minutes and caught two little bass.

#7 Jul-28-08 6:32PM

Ernie
Administrator

skvan wrote:

Took my 6 y/o step son to Heron pond tonight for an hour. Set him up with his little rod and some corn on the hook, he was pulling little blue gill out of there so fast I didnt get to do any fishing myself as I was too busy getting the fish off his hook.

Anyone listening to him talking tonight would think he had just been crowned King of Fishing wink

Nice one Patrick, you keep throwing them in there and I will continue for the most part to not catch them !

I saw you guys out there tonight when I drove by....glad the little guy was catching them!

Ernie

Time to go fishin' again!

#8 Jul-29-08 4:38AM

CozUF2001
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

My catches are unofficial so you can put an asterisk by it...but not the type of asterisk that will be next to Barry Bonds' name!

#9 Jul-29-08 6:44AM

Bass Hunter
Northern Snakehead

Curly wrote:

SKVAN - Keep your kid(s) fishing with you as long as you can.  Before you know it, they will be grown and more interested in other things.  Mine are grown now, but I still remember those days (like it was yesterday) when they were young and were so excited with catching a fish smile  ..........Curly

Curly,

You are so right about that. I'm having a hard time trying to get my little sierra, who was my fishing buddy, to come out with me already. I wish I knew a way to get her interested in fishing as much as she is with watching Hannah Montana.

#10 Jul-29-08 7:28AM

Ernie
Administrator

The biggest mistake I made with my kids was to take them fishing for long periods of time. The best way to do it is to fish for an hour or two with ice cream as the end result. Quantity is the key, no matter how small....it's all about ACTION!! Once they "bite" on the fishing, they will stay out longer.

To this day, my middle son won't go out on my boat with me but he loves to pick up a rod and hit the lake for a couple of hours with his buddies. He just does not want to spend more time than that on the event.

Ernie

#11 Jul-29-08 7:36AM

skvan

/nod Ernie,
When I take Duncan out its for an hour or two and as soon as he says he has had enough then we go home and have icecream or whatever he wants.

Got a surprise card to play at some point with him .... http://www.avivafishinbuddy.com/
Yes I bought one.. figure we go fishing for a while, him using his pole and then he can use that for a while and then go back to his pole. Anything to make it fun for him. the first time a fish bites on that thing if it doesnt sink I will be die of laughter.

Skvan

#12 Jul-29-08 7:43AM

Ernie
Administrator

I think a little trolling with that boat would be cool.....but wacth out if a big catfish gets a hold of the lure! yikes

Ernie

#13 Jul-29-08 8:09AM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

skvan wrote:

/nod Ernie,
When I take Duncan out its for an hour or two and as soon as he says he has had enough then we go home and have icecream or whatever he wants.

Got a surprise card to play at some point with him .... http://www.avivafishinbuddy.com/
Yes I bought one.. figure we go fishing for a while, him using his pole and then he can use that for a while and then go back to his pole. Anything to make it fun for him. the first time a fish bites on that thing if it doesnt sink I will be die of laughter.

That is pretty cool!

#14 Jul-29-08 8:18AM

Bass Hunter
Northern Snakehead

Pacemaker wrote:

The biggest mistake I made with my kids was to take them fishing for long periods of time. The best way to do it is to fish for an hour or two with ice cream as the end result. Quantity is the key, no matter how small....it's all about ACTION!! Once they "bite" on the fishing, they will stay out longer.

To this day, my middle son won't go out on my boat with me but he loves to pick up a rod and hit the lake for a couple of hours with his buddies. He just does not want to spend more time than that on the event.

Ernie

Ernie,

Great advice. I will give that a try. I did in fact make that mistake of fishing for long periods of time and when we weren't catching fish, she would get frustrated.

It breaks my heart sometimes when she doesn't want to go with me like she used to. The nice photos you guys have been posted will surely help get her excited about going out there again..I didn't realize there were nice bass in Heron.

Last edited by Bass Hunter (Jul-29-08 12:55PM)

Board footer