Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Mar-28-07 4:36PM

Ernie
Administrator

Date unknown-

Below is an incredible fish caught by my cousin!

Ernie

Juani Lopez Ona report:

I've been a freshwater  fisherman with an occasional salt trip for good measure.  This "fish of a lifetime" is a 28 1/2" 7+lb  Rainbow caught on a small tributary of the Lehigh in PA.

http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/336/juanism0.jpg

It  must of swum upstream from the main stem.  On this little  stream, it found a nice ledge in a deep pool to sit under that was a  natural combination feeding and cover station.  It was caught on a 7 1/2  ft. 4 wgt fly rod with 6x fluorocarbon tippet on a size 20 bead head  pheasant tail nymph.  The fish incredibly over matched the tackle but it  was so surprised to be hooked it jumped itself into exhaustion instead of  running me to the spool which it could have easily have done given the light  tackle on which I had it.  And we didn't have a net! 

We were fishing  a stream to which we hike back into for about a mile and target are wild  brown trout that go to about 12".  We had to hand tail the  fish.  One friend was trying to hand me my rod for the pic but I  was too scared of dropping the fish to get the rod in the pic.  The other friend was scrambling to get his camera as he stood aghast at the  fish.  It was a riot.  The fish was released  unharmed.

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Mar-30-07 10:16AM

L1Ranger
Northern Snakehead

Re: Date unknown-

you sure his family?  he actually catches fish!
and nice ones too wink

I'll be back after smallies on Sunday, can't seem to get enough

now it's yesterday! roll
Ernie

#3 Mar-30-07 7:29PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Date unknown-

He is family and he does catch fish. I got skunked today!

Good luck with the smallies....I need to get out there but need to hook into a big striper or blue cat first!

Ernie

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer