Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jul-27-08 1:18PM

Ernie
Administrator

7-26/27-08 Cedar Lake report

On Saturday evening after dinner Bradon Royer, who is visiting from Indiana, got to try a new method for fishing. I showed him the wacky worm on a circle hook. It was funny to watch him "set the hook" the 1st few times until he got the hang of reeling hard vs slamming the hook home. He was rewarded for his efforts with a 1/2 dozen bass with the biggest coming in around 1.5 lbs.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj320/Kiko13PB/IMGP0805.jpg

I was fly fishing and only hooked in to 2-3 blue gills....landing none! It seems they are still spawning.

On Sunday afternoon, I went out with the wacky worm and landed 6 bass in 40 minutes but the biggest was only 1.1 lbs.

I think the big boys/girls are eating well.....I need to find out what they are eating. It's been a while since I have seen a 4 lb bass caught in Cedar!

Ernie

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Jul-27-08 7:02PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: 7-26/27-08 Cedar Lake report

I went back out tonight and the blue gill were slurping on top water. I threw my 4 wt with a brown/yellow foam bug and landed all I wanted. Once I got tired of that I threw the white wacky senko (Case) and landed several bass but nothing over a pound....but they were FAT!

Ernie

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer