Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Dec-28-13 3:11PM

Ernie
Administrator

12-28-13, Lake Anna

We've had some pretty good days at Anna, but not very often. Sometimes we do OK and we feel good about it. Lots of times (more often than not) we don't do so well. Today was one of those days.

Patrick and Curly joined me with some high hopes but alas, it was not to be. It was chilly in the morning (@25 degrees) but it got comfortable around 10 AM.

Curly took the skunk off the boat with this guy...

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj320/Kiko13PB/New%20Kiko/001_zpsa7071bee.jpg

....normally I would not count it except he was lip hooked. What an accomplishment!

We fished where the bait was and nothing doing. We chased birds and they just laughed at us. We even fished some bassy looking areas but we were denied.

But.....we fished and we tried hard...that all one can ask on December 28!

Happy New Year!

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Dec-28-13 4:57PM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: 12-28-13, Lake Anna

What a whopper threadfin shad!  Ernie forgot to mention that I caught 2 more of those lol .  Even though the fishing part sucked while covering about half the lake.........we all had a good time and it was nice to catch up with Coz again.

Hell or High Water...........I'm Fishin!!   big_smile

#3 Dec-28-13 6:05PM

backtofuturetoyota
Patagonian Toothfish

Ernie, I'm not sure where your fishing down there, but I've been told that during the winter the warm side is very productive especially around the outflow.   And of course the cold side of dike 3 is very productive for stripers, but that's always right before the sun rises (and then it shuts off).  Go figure, but that's what all the locals tell me.

#4 Dec-28-13 6:16PM

Ernie
Administrator

We were around the splits and above, then down to the dyke right below the nuke center. One needs special access to fish the hot side.

Time to go fishin' again!

#5 Dec-28-13 6:43PM

CozUF2001
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Great catching up and seeing you guys. Appreciate the invite and the deer jerky!

If it were easy, they'd call it catching!

Board footer