Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Oct-28-13 5:59AM

firemunkee
Patagonian Toothfish

Accotink Creek

I happened to be near the area and have free time so I decided to try Accotink Creek for some trout. I didn't see any deep pools so I decided to try this one stretch that was deeper than the rest of the creek. I didn't any fish moving around but threw a spinner to see what it may call out. On the second cast it was fish on! It wasn't much of a fight so I was surprised to see what it was a 14" rainbow! As I was releasing it I realized it was missing both of its pectoral fins. Maybe that's why it wasn't as strong as its size may have indicated. After catching a few more I decided to try a minnow imitation and I was surprised by the number of fish following it! There were more fish in this water than I expected. Each fish I caught was smaller than the last, but it was still a lot of fun. I started trying other lures that I was just curious to see if it would catch fish, which they didn't. I had a great time out in nature catching these beautiful fish. There was also a fallen tree that stretched across the creek, about 15ft above the water. Sitting right in the middle was a huge heron. It was a great sight to see. I will definitely be back here! Thanks to all who shared where I can get my trout fix!

Together we'll fight the long defeat.

#2 Oct-28-13 8:18AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Accotink Creek

Sounds like a good outing.....

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Oct-28-13 8:56AM

Bryan
Patagonian Toothfish

Nicely done! You should try Holmes Run too. That's a pretty little stream.

tight lines

#4 Oct-28-13 9:04AM

Ernie
Administrator

Bryan- I assume the Holmes Run part below the Lake Barcroft Dam?

As a kid, I spent a lot of hours exploring Holmes and Tripps Run where they come in to that lake....

Time to go fishin' again!

#5 Oct-29-13 8:54AM

Bryan
Patagonian Toothfish

Yeah, that's the one. I think they stock the first mile below the dam. It's delayed harvest, single-hook artificial lures and flies only.

tight lines

#6 Oct-31-13 4:07AM

backtofuturetoyota
Patagonian Toothfish

Is this right off Columbia Pike? I wondered why there were cars parked over there.

#7 Oct-31-13 7:43AM

Bryan
Patagonian Toothfish

backtofuturetoyota wrote:

Is this right off Columbia Pike? I wondered why there were cars parked over there.

Yeah.

tight lines

#8 Nov-01-13 6:05AM

backtofuturetoyota
Patagonian Toothfish

I work right up the road from there, so I might have to run down during lunch to check things out!

#9 Mar-15-14 7:48PM

firemunkee
Patagonian Toothfish

backtofuturetoyota wrote:

I work right up the road from there, so I might have to run down during lunch to check things out!

Did you ever check it out?

Together we'll fight the long defeat.

Board footer