Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Sep-29-13 9:54AM

Ernie
Administrator

AV F & G Committee (former Lakes and Ponds)

After serving on these committees for many years, I will no longer volunteer my time. In July, I stepped up as acting chair but recent actions by the Village staff were the last straw for me.

We used to make a difference but not so much any more. We are rarely consulted with and our recommendations rarely reach the board. It became very frustrating for many of the folks that volunteered their time and effort.

I hope they can find a leader and people that have more patience than me.

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Sep-29-13 11:28AM

bigjeffie
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: AV F & G Committee (former Lakes and Ponds)

Wow...a sad day for the AV fishery indeed. I am certain your heart was, and is, in the right place

#3 Sep-29-13 11:38AM

Ernie
Administrator

Jeff- I believe it is. It's hard to put in time (not just me) and not be relevant. I normally don't walk away from these type of things....I hope someone steps up and takes over. Maybe they can do a better job.

#4 Sep-29-13 1:32PM

NOVAhunter
Northern Snakehead

Based on what I have heard and seen over the years, it seem that the board would prefer the lakes be dead zones with no real fish in them. Just have storm management ponds. Wipe the banks clear of vegetation and mow right down to the waters edge... Sorry to hear you had the final straw with them. It is hard to work with people (the board) that just don't understand or care for that matter.

#5 Sep-29-13 4:26PM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

Yeap........I  stepped down from the committee last Monday.  That bunch of jackasses are not worth any of my volunteer time.........imagine the rest of the committee will follow suit.

Hell or High Water...........I'm Fishin!!   big_smile

#6 Sep-29-13 6:02PM

bigjeffie
Patagonian Toothfish

Truly a sad time for AV waters.

#7 Mar-09-14 5:14PM

Ernie
Administrator

Both of these committees are now defunct. They have been replaced by the Common Area Committee (CAC)

The Common Area Committee (CAC) evaluates the common areas to include land, rec centers, and lakes/ponds and makes recommendations to the BOD for improvement in those areas, so as to provide a more beautiful and safe place to live, and to raise the quality of living for the community.  The Committee will monitor the appearance and overall quality of the lakes and ponds, perform annual site inspections to common area and facilities, recommend methods and practices to ensure water quality.  This committee will also help in the planning and running of special events/programs such an annual Fishing Derby and Yard of the Month contests.   This committee meets on the 3rd Thursday of the month at 7:00pm.

Apparently, they will have a roving chairperson.

#8 Mar-09-14 5:37PM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

Pacemaker wrote:

Both of these committees are now defunct. ............Apparently, they will have a roving chairperson.

lol  The BOD is a roving joke!

Hell or High Water...........I'm Fishin!!   big_smile

Board footer