Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jul-18-08 4:06AM

Bass Hunter
Northern Snakehead

Burke Lake

Has anyone ever done any catfishing at Burke Lake before? If so, how was your experience and which part of the lake to do you recommend fishing.

It looks like the lake gets up to 35 feet deep near the dam/spillway. Any thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks

Khanh

#2 Jul-18-08 6:30AM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Burke Lake

Funny you ask.   I was just talking to guy that offered to take me to Burke Lake.  He was telling me that you just have to stay around the first part of the lake.  He trolls all of the drop offs in the middle and catches 20lb catfish.  He also catches white perch, pike, and walleye.

#3 Jul-18-08 7:18AM

Bass Hunter
Northern Snakehead

redskinsfan360 wrote:

Funny you ask.   I was just talking to guy that offered to take me to Burke Lake.  He was telling me that you just have to stay around the first part of the lake.  He trolls all of the drop offs in the middle and catches 20lb catfish.  He also catches white perch, pike, and walleye.

Is the "first part of the lake" the deep end? I know that the lake gets very deep towards the dam, were it drops off dramatically.

I plan to head out there this afternoon for some catfishing. I will be bank fishing on the dam side. I heard there were some monster catfish in there at that not many people fish for them.

Where does this guy you talked to fish at along the lake?

The lake depth PDF on this site is very helpful...

http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/parks/burk … center.htm

#4 Jul-18-08 7:31AM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

He does that middle area before the island in a boat.

Board footer