Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Mar-06-13 8:24AM

jffoley
Northern Snakehead

2013 CBKA Tournament Registration OPEN!

We are gearing up plans for our 3rd annual Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers kayak fishing tournament for charity event. We have the same venue lined up and there's been lots of interest. We went from 33 registrations in our first year to 69 last year and we fully expect 100 kayakers to participate this year!! All the details can be found here:  http://chesapeakebaykayakanglers.com/

2013 Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers Inc. Kayak Fishing Tournament for Charity

September 13, 14 and 15.
Camp Wright in Stevensville Maryland

Benefiting the Make-A-Wish® Mid-Atlantic and the Coastal Conservation Association of Maryland.
The first 40 participants to sign up will receive a premium Captain's Bag.

Camp opens at noon Friday, Sept 13
(Waiver and release form signed at check in)

Entry Fee - $60.00 ($75.00 after Aug. 15)

Tenting included with registration fee.
(Provide your own tent, sleeping bag etc)
(Sorry no, campers, RV's, camp trailers etc)

All non-participant guests - $15.00
(includes tenting, does not include T-shirt)

Electric Generators okay

Sorry No Pets

Cabins available - $25/person/bunk/single
Entire cabin sleeps 8 - $200
(Provide your own sleeping bags, pillows etc, limited number of cabins so you may have to share)

Captains meeting - 7:00 PM - Sept 13 - not mandatory

Tournament start - first light - Sept 14

Check in fish 12:30 PM - 3:30 PM
(Must be in line at 3:30 PM to enter fish)

Rain date - Sept 15

Cobra Explorer Kayak
Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Co-Founder
www.cbkainc.com

#2 Mar-06-13 8:34AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: 2013 CBKA Tournament Registration OPEN!

John- Did you guys set anything up at local hotels for "non campers"?

I assume there is a white perch division?

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Mar-06-13 11:14AM

jffoley
Northern Snakehead

Oh yeah, Ernie. White perch figures prominently! It's rockfish, WP, spot and bluefish. We also always make up a division on the fly. The first year was flounder. Yes, a single flounder was taken right at the Bay Bridge. Last year we came up with most species. We had speckled trout and puppy drum taken. I think the winner caught 5 species.

We did not approach any of the local hotels but that is an excellent idea. I'll make some calls and see. The camp has some nice cabins. I can put you in touch with a couple guys that stayed in one. Myself and the missus (and the damn dog!) stay on the boat at Kentmorr Marina. Carefree Boats supplies a boat and one of the guys and myself patrol the bridge area. Good for photos and "just in case"...

Cobra Explorer Kayak
www.cbkainc.com

#4 May-05-13 7:11AM

jffoley
Northern Snakehead

Update:

We're at 39 registrations. Appreciate all the support!

If you didn't know, we will have a 2013 Jackson Kayak Coosa in the raffle. Courtesy of Valley Mill Boats in Germantown. http://www.valleymillboats.com/

Don't forget to check out the online store. The link is on the left side of the CBKA homepage or, click “Store” on the navigation bar. Some different style t-shirts, hats, sweatshirts, hoodies, etc.

All proceeds support CBKA charities. Items will ship 14 business days from shop closing (5/24). If we get enough response we will open it again.

www.cbkainc.com

Cobra Explorer Kayak
www.cbkainc.com

#5 May-06-13 12:23PM

Ernie
Administrator

John- as bad as I want to make this tourney, the 14th is my 39th wedding anniversary. If I don't make it, can I participate in the raffles?

#6 May-06-13 7:01PM

jffoley
Northern Snakehead

If you enlist a surrogate that will be there to buy some tickets on your behalf that would be fine. We had 2 new registrations from NoVA just today. Perhaps members of this forum. I'll let you know the names...

Cobra Explorer Kayak
www.cbkainc.com

#7 May-07-13 6:01AM

Osprey
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Pacemaker wrote:

John- as bad as I want to make this tourney, the 14th is my 39th wedding anniversary. If I don't make it, can I participate in the raffles?

You have the kayaks and all summer, time to get the wife into kayaking. You could fish the event together, and who knows, she may be as lucky as you with raffles. From what I hear the captains bags are wort the admission.

20' Key West..16' C-Hawk...Hobie Pro Angler...Hobie Outback

#8 May-07-13 11:25AM

Ernie
Administrator

Osprey wrote:

You have the kayaks and all summer, time to get the wife into kayaking. You could fish the event together...

I would say...this is highly unlikely.

#9 May-08-13 8:18AM

BillyBigMouth
Northern Snakehead

I registered over the weekend!!!

#10 Aug-10-13 4:52AM

jffoley
Northern Snakehead

Tournament update:

Well,

We're 5 weeks away!! Striper fishing has been strong this year. There was a very good young of the year (YOY) class 2 years ago. Also, redfish (red drum) have found their way to more northern bay areas in the past 2 seasons. We don't have an official redfish category but, if you've participated in our event you know that we like to "make up" divisions on the fly. You never know.

Some news:

CCA MD is offering a $500 prize for the largest fish caught, photo'd and released by a registered CCA member. No matter the species. And, no matter what State you're registered as a CCA member.

To be eligible, you need to be a CCA member (any State in the U.S.) or join CCA by Friday, 9/13/13 by 11:59 P.M. Membership is $25. Here's the link:

http://www.ccamembership.org/

If you're already a CCA member you're good to go. Be sure to bring your CCA card!

Also, Yak Gear (a supporter from Day 1!!) has offered a coupon code for 15% off all orders as a direct relationship and sponsorship of CBKA. No limit on uses, users, and no expiration!!

Wow!! Registered participants will find the code in your email inbox.

Stay tuned for additional new news. We're over 70 registrations so we'll be bigger and better than ever!

Cobra Explorer Kayak
www.cbkainc.com

#11 Aug-19-13 8:16PM

Sun

jffoley wrote:

If you enlist a surrogate that will be there to buy some tickets on your behalf that would be fine. We had 2 new registrations from NoVA just today. Perhaps members of this forum. I'll let you know the names...

Hey Ernie, I'll be at the tournament again this year.  If you'd like, I can be your surrogate raffle winner smile.  I just might mix up a couple of my raffles with yours by accident though!...especially if it's the kayak.

Really though, if you'd like I'll hold on to your tickets for you, and deliver your prizes at your doorstep that evening.

#12 Aug-24-13 6:49AM

jffoley
Northern Snakehead

We are 3 weeks away at 79 registrations. We are over 100% growth from just 2 years ago!! Thanks to everyone for your interest and support.

For the Captain's meeting at Camp Wright, Friday the 13th (hmmm...) @ 7pm we have a new sponsor that will be supplying farmed, sweet, Chesapeake Bay oysters! Our own Matt Baden will be shucking. We will have various dipping sauces and will, of course, return the shells to the Chesapeake. Bring your appetite!

Most of you probably know that the Coastal Conservation Association (CCA) is offering an additional prize at our event of $500 for the largest fish caught, photo'd and released by a CCA member. If you didn't, now you know!

If you're interested to support fisheries conservation, sign up! To be eligible for this added prize you need to be a CCA member from any State in the U.S. or join CCA by Friday, 9/13/13 at 11:59 P.M. Membership is $25. Here's the link: http://www.ccamembership.org/

If you're already a CCA member you are good to go. Just bring your CCA card.

3rd time is the charm. Tell your friends. Forward this email. Text 'em. Call 'em. Entry fees will be going up in a week or so. Can we break 100 entries?!?! Gonna be close...

Cobra Explorer Kayak
www.cbkainc.com

#13 Sep-11-13 6:59AM

BillyBigMouth
Northern Snakehead

jffolley... Not sure if I will make it in time for the captains meeting Friday night but I should be there shortly after at the latest.  How can I get the "official ruler" if I miss that meeting?

Thanks!
Mike

#14 Sep-12-13 4:22AM

Redfish12
Northern Snakehead
Website

Find John or me or any of the other CBKA guys and we'll get you set up. See you tomorrow!

Board footer