Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Sep-08-13 6:59PM

captmikestarrett
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Weekend after Labor Day weekend Report

Had two great guys down this weekend to mix it up with the local fish. On Saturday we ran out the Piankatank to hookup on some bull reds. We caught a dozen or so sand sharks and one black tip. Also mixed in there are brown rays and southern rays.. The one big bull red sadly found some structure and it cut the line after a 15 minutes into the battle. Had a freight train that never stopped and ran the spool of 200 yards of line clean off on the second run.. Tired and low on hooks we headed back for some afternoon fishing.

From my dock we fished out in the mouth of Ferry Creek and caught some rat reds and some convict bass. And a rather frisky cow nosed ray on light tackle. After a good soaking from the cow nosed ray he swam away with out the jig in him.

Next morning we headed up the Dragon in my jet boat and caught a nice bass and few more rat reds. Lost a slot red right at the boat and from there it just kinda shut down and the next 4 hours only produced one hit. Even the cypress trout where not to be found.. I would guess the high skies and mild temps combined with an extra high tide had a lot to do with the odd shut down.
http://www.indianheadcharters.com/13/599.JPG

It was still a great weekend with tons of laughter and great stories..

Capt Mike

Light Tackle Fishing Guide on the Potomac

Board footer