Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jul-15-08 4:47PM

CozUF2001
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Pavilion Lake Report - 7/15/08

Went out to the Pavilion today to see what was happening. Tossed a jig w/ 4in. senko trailer and a t'rigged finesse worm. Landed a half dozen bass with all of them in the 3/4 to 1lb range. They seemed to be a little healthier (aka fatter) than in years past, so I wonder if the 14in slot is working. Either way, the bite was good for the most part. I had one bass pick up the jig three times, with two failed hookset efforts, before landing him.

I have a tournament on the James River this weekend. Official practice day is Friday with the tourney Saturday. As long as you have not been on the James this week after Sunday, feel free to tell me all of your secrets! haha

Tight lines!

If it were easy, they'd call it catching!

#2 Jul-15-08 5:18PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Pavilion Lake Report - 7/15/08

Good luck on the James....never been there! I can tell you that it fished tough last weekend....I will send you an email.

Ernie

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Jul-15-08 7:55PM

Wingnutt

I used to fish the James near Eagle Rock once in a while in the summer. Until they lifted the eating the fish ban it was nothing to catch 200+ smallies on a float from Gala to Eagle Rock (about 10 miles). The best tactic that I found once the water heats up is to fish the shady side under the trees. A tiny broken-back Rapala or 1/4 oz cast-master used to be the ticket for summer smallies...don't know how they would do now though. Good luck!

#4 Jul-16-08 7:00AM

CozUF2001
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Last year the tournament was won on the Chickahominy. Considering gas prices, I am not sure we are to eager to make the 50 mile run. We launch out of Osbourne Landing. I appreciate all support and I hope to bring back a good report.

If it were easy, they'd call it catching!

Board footer