Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Aug-04-13 1:11PM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

Another Snakie! 8-4-13

Jef English and I got a late start this morning, but were on teh Potty by 10 am.  Winds were not nice, but we did manage about 2 hours of casting frogs and mice.  Jeff never got a tap, but I did manage one bass about 2 lbs and this nice NHS..............
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb119/cokeempire/2013%20pics/DSC02800_zps666f8394.jpg
Jeff will have some nice fillets from it.  That snakie was busting at the seams with roe!.......and you can see the slime dripping off of it.......and me.........

Oh Yeah, the blood is from its head breaking my little baseball bat into 2 pieces sad .

Hell or High Water...........I'm Fishin!!   big_smile

#2 Aug-04-13 1:17PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Another Snakie! 8-4-13

Nice...I just stick a knife in their head. Heck, they ain't gonna die anyway until you filet 'em! tongue

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Aug-05-13 5:27AM

jumping jasper
Patagonian Toothfish

Pacemaker wrote:

Nice...I just stick a knife in their head. Heck, they ain't gonna die anyway until you filet 'em! tongue

So true. Matter of fact she didn't even seem to mind me taking her sides off four hours after John caught it. She was still moving around. It kind of freaks me out.

smile

#4 Aug-05-13 5:53AM

Ernie
Administrator

Debbie was freaked out when I put one of my snakies in the downstairs fridge overnight (in a plastic bag that was tied at the ends) and was wiggling around when I went to filet it the next day. That fish had been smacked in the head too.

#5 Aug-08-13 1:53PM

Charlie NHBA
Northern Snakehead
Website

Easiest way to kill these fish is to drop them in the bottom of the boat.  Once the sun hits them, they die pretty quickly.

Charlie NHBA.........

#6 Aug-08-13 2:44PM

Ernie
Administrator

Charlie NHBA wrote:

Easiest way to kill these fish is to drop them in the bottom of the boat.  Once the sun hits them, they die pretty quickly.

Yea but....we like to eat 'em!

#7 Aug-08-13 5:45PM

Osprey
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Charlie NHBA wrote:

I'm in a kayak, my feet fill the bottom of the boat

20' Key West..16' C-Hawk...Hobie Pro Angler...Hobie Outback

#8 Aug-09-13 12:46PM

T.
Patagonian Toothfish

For my snakehead I just hooked it to the stringer, ripped out some gills and tossed it back into the water to bleed out for a little bit.  Then I then wacked it on the head a couple times with my pliers and it was done- into the trash bag and cooler bag.

Board footer