Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jun-28-13 5:29AM

firemunkee
Patagonian Toothfish

6/26 - 6/28 C Lake

I was finally able to get out this week and hit C lake a few of the mornings, but only for about 30 minutes before having to go into work. No piggies like most of the other posts here, so I'm a bit reluctant to share, but I wanted to contribute to the community. On 6/26 I caught a 10" bass and a 7" bluegill. The BG had some nice colors and I was surprised he was able to get hooked on the lure. On 6/27 I caught a 5" and a 9" bass. The first guy wasn't even twice the size of the lure tongue This morning was my best outting yet. I was able to get out a little earlier and spend an hour fishing. I caught 4 bass all at 11". The last one I caught gave me a nice run, peeling drag several times, so I thought he was larger. Nope just a cookie cutter image of the rest of the fish I caught. It was still fun though smile

I used a Rapala original floater in fire tiger. I only started fishing last year, but I have accumulated way more lures than I have been able to use. So I have decided to spend some time on each one to learn how they run.

Together we'll fight the long defeat.

#2 Jun-28-13 7:27AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: 6/26 - 6/28 C Lake

That's a good plan.....eventually, you will settle to 3-4 lure types that you are comfortable with. You will see the pig & jig used a lot, especially in colder water. But many other lures work as long as you put in the time.

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer