Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Mar-25-13 3:48PM

Ernie
Administrator

Draft A&E Guidelines

To those who live in the Village, you better check them out!

http://www.ashburnvillage.org/doc/Adobe … id=1012471

I just saw where they want to limit the number of kayak/canoes you can store out back and under the deck.....only 2 of them. Plus you have to devise a system to hang them from the floor of the deck. Really? Check out page 31.

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Mar-25-13 4:42PM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Draft A&E Guidelines

I think you meant page 31.  Looks like you will be installing a couple ceiling hoists.  What you gonna do with that 3rd canoe/kayak?........Put one in the basement?  Lot of folks out there with more than 2 kayaks...........

Doesn't look like I can leave a deer in my truck very long before skinning it out either......

Hell or High Water...........I'm Fishin!!   big_smile

#3 Mar-25-13 5:13PM

Ernie
Administrator

Curly wrote:

I think you meant page 31.

Yep, 31...fast fingers

Curly wrote:

Looks like you will be installing a couple ceiling hoists.  What you gonna do with that 3rd canoe/kayak?........Put one in the basement?  Lot of folks out there with more than 2 kayaks...........

No hoists....I have a few other alternatives if the rule goes through. Hopefully they will change teh number. I commented and had a nice response from the Pres.

Curly wrote:

Doesn't look like I can leave a deer in my truck very long before skinning it out either......

Where was that?

#4 Mar-25-13 5:18PM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

page 22.

"HUNTING/TRAPPING
No hunting or trapping of any kind or discharge of any weapon or device is permitted. The State Game
Warden and Loudoun County Animal Control prohibit the luring or feeding of wild animals for your
protection as well as for the animals’ welfare.

No dead animals are to be hung, cured or stored in trees, fences, decks, open areas (top of vehicles, etc.),
any other portion of a lot outside the home, or on AVCA common area. This also applies to animal parts
such as skins, etc."

#5 Mar-25-13 5:22PM

Ernie
Administrator

I saw that but it says on "top" of vehicles. I don't think the bed/trunk of a car or truck falls in that category. Heck, just throw a cover on it.

And you can still skin it in your garage....just don't hang it outside. tongue

#6 Mar-25-13 6:18PM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

Wonder if a dead cat on top of my neighbor's fence counts? tongue

#7 Mar-26-13 5:02AM

Osprey
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Is this committee made up of a fair cross section of residents or just people with nothing better to do than mind other peoples business? Are they all appointed by the Chief Do-Gooder or voted on by the community? I can understand wanting to keep AV looking neat and proper, but they seem a little extreme. Happily they stopped short of demanding hospital corners on the bedding, but that might be because they can't get inside your house. I envision some old guy riding around in a golf cart with a blinking blue light  like a mall security cop, writing down all sorts of infractions on his little clip board.
Obviously, I don't have a horse in this race, so it's none of my business. I will say from my few trips to visit Village People, the neighborhood is first rate. Glad they stopped short of posting "no fishing" signs.

20' Key West..16' C-Hawk...Hobie Pro Angler...Hobie Outback

#8 Mar-26-13 5:14AM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

Osprey wrote:

......... I envision some old guy riding around in a golf cart with a blinking blue light  like a mall security cop, writing down all sorts of infractions on his little clip board.........

They do have staff that go around looking at your property for "violations".  I've gotten a letter telling me that I need to "edge the sidewalk" in front of my house lol .

#9 Mar-26-13 5:57AM

Ernie
Administrator

We, the "residents", have to help temper them for m the extreme. The board is elected, the staff is hired. Thee are few volunteers anymore. Our own F & G (lakes and ponds included in that) is down to just a few folks with no chair. But, I will not digress and write about that.

#10 Mar-26-13 6:11AM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

I hope the kayak part gets changed!   I do not know where I would put mine...

#11 Mar-26-13 6:21AM

Ernie
Administrator

redskinsfan360 wrote:

I hope the kayak part gets changed!   I do not know where I would put mine...

You need to comment....go to the link and comment online.

#12 Mar-26-13 10:05AM

Ernie
Administrator

#13 Mar-27-13 6:14AM

jumping jasper
Patagonian Toothfish

Curly wrote:

page 22.

"HUNTING/TRAPPING
N The State Game
Warden and Loudoun County Animal Control prohibit the luring or feeding of wild animals for your
protection as well as for the animals’ welfare.

I better take down my bird feeder. "for my own protection of course"

John, how long do you want to keep a dead deer in your truck anyway?

smile

#14 Mar-27-13 6:51AM

Ernie
Administrator

jumping jasper wrote:

I better take down my bird feeder. "for my own protection of course"

I just told Debbie what you said. She loves our many birdfeeders and birdhouses and she ain't too happy!

Something about "over my dead body"......

#15 Mar-27-13 7:08AM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

jumping jasper wrote:

John, how long do you want to keep a dead deer in your truck anyway?

Not more than 30 minutes, but my luck would be that one of the rules Nazi's would report me while I was getting ready to skin it out.  I have had several complaints about me skinning them out in the garage over the past 20 years.

#16 Mar-27-13 8:05AM

Osprey
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Curly wrote:

I have had several complaints about me skinning them out in the garage over the past 20 years.

In the garage? Those complaints probably came from in the house. Maybe Ms Curly is the whistle blower :-)

20' Key West..16' C-Hawk...Hobie Pro Angler...Hobie Outback

#17 Mar-27-13 10:08AM

NOVAhunter
Northern Snakehead

Curly wrote:

Osprey wrote:

......... I envision some old guy riding around in a golf cart with a blinking blue light  like a mall security cop, writing down all sorts of infractions on his little clip board.........

They do have staff that go around looking at your property for "violations".  I've gotten a letter telling me that I need to "edge the sidewalk" in front of my house lol .

I usually get one in late august saying my yard looks like crap. Gee, my front yard faces south east and has a slope to it. I can't dump enough water on it to keep it green that time of year when it is 90+ out. Plus it is pretty much a clay pot out there even after several truck loads of topsoil.

This is the kayak hoist I have. I priced it out to make it myself vs buy and it is pretty much a wash..  but the rope could be better.

http://www.amazon.com/Capacity-Lifetime … ayak+hoist

#18 Mar-27-13 10:26AM

Ernie
Administrator

Curly wrote:

I've gotten a letter telling me that I need to "edge the sidewalk" in front of my house lol .

This will NEVER happen to me....my lawn service is the BEST in the region!   wink

NOVAhunter wrote:

This is the kayak hoist I have. I priced it out to make it myself vs buy and it is pretty much a wash..  but the rope could be better.

http://www.amazon.com/Capacity-Lifetime … ayak+hoist

I wonder if it would hold the 140lb PA?

#19 Mar-28-13 5:58AM

jumping jasper
Patagonian Toothfish

The hanging deer thing came about because a guy (in the village) was using his house to process deer for a fee and had deer all over the place. I know someone who used him. If he had too many come in at once some would be outside. Not sure anyone would want to live next to that, although there probably is already a rule against having a business in your house.

smile

#20 Mar-28-13 9:33AM

GregF
Northern Snakehead

$25 for that hoist is a steal!  I don't even need it, but I almost want to buy it just because it is such a good deal.

#21 May-16-13 10:53AM

Ernie
Administrator

Thanks to everyone who commented on the draft rules. The board has done an excellent job in addressing the situation and writing language that is palatable to all.

As soon as I am able to publish it, I will do so.

#22 May-16-13 12:34PM

Ernie
Administrator

Here is the new kayak storage language that will be posted soon (has been voted on):

Kayaks and canoes must be stored in such a way that the boat does not catch or hold water.  They may be stored under an Owner’s deck using a ceiling hoist or on the ground.  They may be stored on a freestanding storage system in the rear yard that is located up against the Owner’s side fence closest to the house or under the deck.  Owners must maintain the area around the kayaks/canoes and freestanding storage system to include but not limited to cutting the grass and removing any yard debris such as leaves.  All storage structures must be properly maintained. Kayaks/canoes are prohibited from being stored on decks or patios.

Board footer