Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jul-02-08 4:25AM

CozUF2001
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Pavilion Lake Report - 7/1/08

In concert with my 50th post, I was hoping to share a great story about a huge sack of fish. Instead, I opted to target the Pavilion Lake! I guess that extra couple of miles roundtrip to get down to the ABC lakes really held me back.

For the most part I repeated my presentations of t-rig worms and the topwater XPS Pop-r. While shoring up nothing with the topwater other than a missed blow up, I did have plenty of success with the t-rig landing 13 largemouth. The fish all fell under the 1lb range but a couple of them did provide a bit of excitement in their fight. The highlight of the trip was having a gentleman stroll by across the lake from me and see me catch a fish. He stopped by for a chat and during that conversation I landed three more bass. It was cool to be able to focus on the bite as well as maintain a conversation with an interested party. I guess that whole camera on the boat deal for bass pros isn't too distracting! Either way, it was nice to have somebody interested in the fish, the lake, the botanicals, and the overall art of fishing. They say you learn something new everyday and I think I was able to share some knowledge with this gentleman yesterday that he was previously unaware of.

With 50 posts, I am now graduating from a Perch to???????

If it were easy, they'd call it catching!

#2 Jul-02-08 4:26AM

CozUF2001
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Re: Pavilion Lake Report - 7/1/08

And the answer is....I am still a perch. What a buzz kill!

If it were easy, they'd call it catching!

#3 Jul-02-08 5:20AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Pavilion Lake Report - 7/1/08

Too funny! Cool story and you will need 70 posts to get to striper. My friend Carl, who mentored me for years, still can't believe he had to start as a minnow!

Ernie

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer