Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Feb-11-13 4:39PM

ComeOnFish
Northern Snakehead

The first keeper striper of the year, Lake Anna - Feb 10

Past 3 trips, I learned about stripers in Lake Anna in clear water. I narrow-down the list of the colors, size, and shapes of the lures. Today, during the fourth trip, I thought I had very good chance to land a keeper (20" or larger)

On Feb 10, 2013, I went to Lake Anna Dike 3 (cold side). I mainly trolled. I tried not to hit bottom of the deep water (deeper than 30').
During the last two trips, I learned that the fish holding low on the bottom in 30-50' of water were large mouth bass and catfish. They suffered from bladder air expansion. So I avoided fish on the bottom

I finally caught a keeper @20.5 inches.

Now I have a set of lures for stripers, I will be concentrating on the bigger stripers next time. I will launch from High Point Marina and paddle longer distance to fish in cooler water (45-47F).

The video Fishing Log:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHWoMV8EiGc

Last edited by ComeOnFish (Feb-11-13 4:41PM)

#2 Feb-14-13 7:01AM

backtofuturetoyota
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: The first keeper striper of the year, Lake Anna - Feb 10

Nice keeper!  Congrats Joe!  It's your kind of dedication that makes it great for everyone.  That carolina rig is very effective!

#3 Feb-14-13 7:41AM

Ernie
Administrator

Well done Joe....that was one hungry white perch too!!

Time to go fishin' again!

#4 Feb-15-13 2:56AM

ComeOnFish
Northern Snakehead

Thanks.
I am trying to hit 208 Bridge (High Point Marina) tomorrow but the weather doesn't look good for kayaking in the unknown water.  I am trying paddle 3 miles down to the Power Plant or pass the power plant

joe

#5 Feb-15-13 5:30AM

backtofuturetoyota
Patagonian Toothfish

Joe, let me know if you'll be fishing this weekend at Lake Anna.  I'll meet you just to say hi!  I'm located next to Dike 3.

#6 Feb-15-13 11:08AM

ComeOnFish
Northern Snakehead

backtofuturetoyota wrote:

Joe, let me know if you'll be fishing this weekend at Lake Anna.  I'll meet you just to say hi!  I'm located next to Dike 3.

Tomorrow (Sat) - I am planning to launch from High Point Marina (208 Bridge), and fish Power Plant area 2.5-3 miles south of 208 Bridge.
15-16mph wind with rain is predicted tomorrow.  I probably fish because the place is a small area. I will make decision in the morning when I get up

joe

Board footer