Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Nov-04-12 6:34AM

AbuMasgouf
Northern Snakehead
Website

DIY PVC rod holders for Hobie Revo (with measurements)

First I'd like to thank everyone who has done this before me for the help and inspiration. smile

With Sandy running through I was looking for a project to do on my Revo. I came across this setup on another forum and it really caught my interest.  When I wanted to build it, I was looking for a little more details so that I can be more "comfortable" with tackling the project. I searched the web to see if anyone had any measurements of it but I didn't find any.

So I figured there may be others like me who would like to see some breakdown before they tackle it, or to help them while doing it. This is my humble attempt at spreading the knowledge based on my venture smile

http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a536/AbuMasgouf/20121102_130836_zps5235435f.jpg

Note, the bottom of the 2 outside cross rod holders go down all the way and rest on the kayak for better support. (Sorry the kayak cart is blocking the view... I'll try to take another picture and replace this one)

http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a536/AbuMasgouf/20121102_131425_withmeasurements_zps20a2edca.jpg

The pictures were taken before I glued it all together and finalized it, so a couple of the pieces look shorter than the posted measurements. When you build your own make sure to fit it to your measurements based on how your pieces are coming together.

I used it for the first time yesterday and am really happy with the setup. I may add 4-6" pieces on the cross connectors to make the rods higher.

I'll probably wait for the coldest part of the year when my Yak may not be in use to paint it... for now its functional but not pretty smile

Last edited by AbuMasgouf (Nov-04-12 6:41AM)

Mustafa
ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
2016 Hobie Outback
"Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam Al'Sadiq (p)

#2 Nov-04-12 6:47AM

GregF
Northern Snakehead

Re: DIY PVC rod holders for Hobie Revo (with measurements)

That is slick!  I almost want to buy a Hobie Revolution so I can make one of these rod holders!!!  HA!

#3 Nov-04-12 8:11AM

Redfish12
Northern Snakehead
Website

Looks great!!! I like your take on the trolling rod holders.

#4 Nov-04-12 8:50AM

Ernie
Administrator

Very impressive....

Time to go fishin' again!

#5 Nov-04-12 10:53AM

AbuMasgouf
Northern Snakehead
Website

Thanks guys!

Redfish12 wrote:

Looks great!!! I like your take on the trolling rod holders.

I was inspired by the rocket launcher holder you put behind your seat smile

Last edited by AbuMasgouf (Nov-04-12 10:54AM)

Mustafa
2016 Hobie Outback
"Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam Al'Sadiq (p)

#6 Nov-05-12 2:43AM

Bruce
Northern Snakehead

If you do put extenders on the top rod holders, you may also want to put on end-caps that just pop on and off the holes to keep water from going in when you don't have rods in them. Just a thought...

#7 Nov-05-12 3:06AM

bigjeffie
Patagonian Toothfish

are you a plumber??

#8 Nov-05-12 4:21AM

AbuMasgouf
Northern Snakehead
Website

Bruce wrote:

If you do put extenders on the top rod holders, you may also want to put on end-caps that just pop on and off the holes to keep water from going in when you don't have rods in them. Just a thought...

Thanks for the thought Bruce. That won't be necessary because  the bottom is open so water would just go right through.

bigjeffie wrote:

are you a plumber??

LOL!!  No sir I just get inspired and try it myself smile

Mustafa
2016 Hobie Outback

Board footer