Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jun-13-08 6:46PM

Derrick B

Cedar a.m. fly rpt, 6-14-08

Topwater action definitely cooled down.   Brought in a few sunnies, but the bass were in deeper water and the few I locked into were with tinsel type streamers.

I did see a serious bass get interested in one the smaller sunnies I had on the line...

Have a great weekend on the water !

#2 Jun-14-08 10:00AM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Cedar a.m. fly rpt, 6-14-08

Were you out their this morning because we got there when someone was leaving and didn't anything with our toads, but I caught a blue gill on Heron.

#3 Jun-14-08 11:41AM

Derrick B

Yes I was on Cedar  around the north cove from 5:30 until about 6:50. 

Had a trifecta in that I caught a rare (for me) crappie in the cove w the black bead head bugger with rubber legs.   Also caught a couple decent bass and the usual 1/2 dozen sunnies.   

Headed to Delaware beaches with the kayak,  8 wt. salt rod, and lots of clousers.   This will be a new experience for me...Hopefully will get dragged around by a big bluefish or a striper !  Any advice?

#4 Jun-14-08 12:14PM

Ernie
Administrator

Derrick,

I have never done it but I hear that guys catch flounder at CHSP (Cape Henlopen State Park).....maybe in a cove or flat?

Good luck!

Ernie

Time to go fishin' again!

#5 Jun-18-08 12:53PM

Derrick B

Ernie,
I did try Henlopen with my kayak, and saw some guys bring in small flounder which weren't keepers.

From Broadkill/Prime Hook, I think a bluefish broke off off a jig rig, but other than that, fishing has been tough...catching horshoe crabs from the surf has been much fun either...

I think I need I need a good Ashburn Lakes morning to get back in the habit of bringing in a couple fish !

Derrick

#6 Jun-18-08 1:05PM

Ernie
Administrator

Derrick,

Was this one of the characters at Henlopen?

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj320/Kiko13PB/IMG_6174.jpg

He caught that doormat on May 18!

Ernie

Time to go fishin' again!

#7 Jun-19-08 4:40AM

Derrick B

Hi Ernie-
Unfortunately, our internet filter does not allow us to check out the pictures from photobucket.  Since I am comfortable the content of this site is safe, think I need to make the adjustment so I can see what everyone has been catching.

I was on Cedar last night and this morning.  Other than a few blowups that didn't produce, and one tiny sunny, I got SKUNKED.  It must be the front that came in yesterday, or the sunfish are spawning, because these are the worst results I have had in a month on Cedar.

#8 Jun-19-08 8:26AM

Derrick B

Good advice, Curly...think I will try that presentation from my kayak on Saturday where I can get to some deeper water.

Board footer