Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jun-17-08 5:21PM

Ernie
Administrator

6-17-08, Cedar Lake report

I fished the fly rod on Cedar around 5 PM and caught 3 nice blue gills but it was a slow bite!

After dinner, I used a wacky worm and was able to land a couple of 1 pounders. I lost several including the "big one that got away". He wasn't a monster but one of the nicer ones I have hooked this year.

Charlie was fishing across from me and landed a few but he had 2-3 that came off as he was bringing them in.

And in the corner of the pond, sat Khahn on his quest to catch a carp. He landed several blue gill on corn and mulberries. He is determined to catch a carp...I am betting that he will!

Ernie

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Jun-17-08 5:35PM

bassman
Northern Snakehead

Re: 6-17-08, Cedar Lake report

I hit the west side of Cedar between 5 - 6:30 . . . the bite was slow at first, but then started playing a Zoom watermelon dead ringer on the top water (slow reel), and the bass were hitting like crazy . . . brought in seven between 1 - 2 lbs . . . too much fun - - - but where are the big fat hogs this year?

#3 Jun-18-08 7:04AM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: 6-17-08, Cedar Lake report

I fished for two hours until dark and caught three bass.  I caught them all on a fake little worm, but the bass weren't sucking the bait in.   They were just nibbling, which let a lot get away on the hook set and when I was reeling them in.  By the end of the night I must have lost at least 10 for each case.  It was beautiful out though!

Board footer