Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Aug-13-12 5:21AM

BillyBigMouth
Northern Snakehead

Beaverdam 8/11

Went out on Beaverdam in the kayak from about 1000 to 1500.  As I showed up, some fishermen were complaining that the water level was very low and the water temp was 86-88 degrees, making it tough to find fish.  I had a pretty good time out there.  Curly, I found the rock pilings you had spoken of in a previous post and pulled 2 largemouth out of there and my first ever white perch!  I then decided that since I didn't have a depth finder, I was going to work what I knew best - the shallows and the weeds.  I was able to catch 5 more largemouth out of thick weeds.  Not a lot of other fishermen were focusing on the weeds (good amount of people out there) but I had a lot of luck working the shorelines.  Unfortunately, I don't have a great camera setup in the yak yet but all of them were from 13 - 17" and put up great fights. 

The best part of the trip was pulling into a cove I heard a lot of splashing close to a shore line.  As I pulled around the corner, there were four deer (2 does and 2 bucks) just splashing around in the water.  I sat there and watched them for a good 20 minutes and they did not care one bit that I was there.  It was a cool thing to see.

#2 Aug-13-12 4:50PM

T.
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Beaverdam 8/11

That's really good for your first time at Beaverdam.  Don't be surprised if you get skunked the next time.  That's the way it goes there.

#3 Aug-14-12 4:42AM

BillyBigMouth
Northern Snakehead

Thanks!

#4 Aug-14-12 6:10AM

Ernie
Administrator

BillyBigMouth wrote:

The best part of the trip was pulling into a cove I heard a lot of splashing close to a shore line.  As I pulled around the corner, there were four deer (2 does and 2 bucks) just splashing around in the water.  I sat there and watched them for a good 20 minutes and they did not care one bit that I was there.  It was a cool thing to see.

Good on you!

I call this the "fishing bonus". There is more to it than just catching. When you get a show like that....priceless!

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer