Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Aug-10-12 8:54AM

bart2puck
Northern Snakehead

Kephardt's

Going to try kephardt's landing on goose creek this weekend.  I assume there is a boat launch.  Any tips, suggestions?

#2 Aug-10-12 9:00AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Kephardt's

Not really a "boat launch" but a put in area. The only way to find it is by looking for the 2 stone 1/2 columns by the sidewalk. Then, the parking lot is behind the one house. Then. you have to drag the yak down to the water.

Once on the water, you can fish the entire creek, the mouth and even venture out on the Potomac.

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Aug-10-12 11:02AM

bart2puck
Northern Snakehead

is it canoe-able?  we have a lil trolling motor setup.  or is it too shallow, and paddle only? or is it too shallow and i need to creek-stomp?

#4 Aug-10-12 11:54AM

Ernie
Administrator

I think you are OK with canoe.....2 people? It's a bit of a downhill walk to the water but an uphill pull on the way back. Once you get past the 1st 50 yards or so, the trolling motor will be fine.

Time to go fishin' again!

#5 Aug-10-12 12:49PM

T.
Patagonian Toothfish

The water is probably too low for a canoe right now unless you're fine with having to get out and drag/carry it some.  It was low the last time I was there and I'm sure it's even lower now.  The same would apply to a kayak too.

Board footer