Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jul-20-12 11:06AM

Paul Naj
Northern Snakehead

BDC Res

Hit the Res for a few hours this am hoping to beat the storms.

I started out tossing frogs in the reeds. I had a few small blow ups but no hookups. I then moved to the deepwater stuff that I like doing there. The first hour or two I couldn't buy a hit. Then around 0900 the fish turned on for an hour and a half or 2 hours. I ended up with 7 fish landed up to 3lb 10oz and lost a couple with one in the 4 to 5 lb range. They were eating crank baits and creature baits.

I hooked the fish I lost on the outside of a 12 to 13 foot ledge. I got it up over the rocks and the fish came to the surface and jumped clean of the water so I got a good look. Then I had something happen that's never happened in this spot before. The fish dove hard and got to the bottom in 9 or 10 feet of water and got behind a rock and hung me up. I know this happens all the time in weeds and shallower cover etc, but I've never had it happen like that in deeper water, at least not in this spot.

Here's a pic of the chunky little 3-10.

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk211/pnajdzin/IMG_2261.jpg

#2 Jul-20-12 11:51AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: BDC Res

He's baaaack! You own that place!!

I regret not being able to go.....nicely done!

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Jul-20-12 1:34PM

T.
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: BDC Res

Geez.  You've got that place figured out.  Good to see you've finally got back out there.   I've got some days off I can use between now and the end of the month, if you want get together out there one day.

Board footer