Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jan-27-12 4:31AM

ComeOnFish
Northern Snakehead

Occoquan River Crappies - Jan 26

Only because I couldn’t fish last Saturday due to the freezing rain,  on Thursday I hit Occoquan River for Crappies after work.
The low tide was 3:50PM.  There would be plenty of clearance (3-4’) under the most of docks I thought. I arrived at Occoquan Regional Park at 2:15pm.
It was warm day. Air temp was 48-50F and there was no wind.  The water temp was whopping 50F at the shore, and 45F in the middle of the river. 
I cast under the docks with two different lures, a 1.5-2” red/white tube and a 3” brown curly tail, both on 1/16oz jig heads.  I caught 5-6 crappies on the brown curly tail but none on the red/white tube
The fishing log below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcFhK6NM-ZQ

#2 Jan-27-12 5:43AM

NOVAhunter
Northern Snakehead

Re: Occoquan River Crappies - Jan 26

How is the fishing at the fall line this time of year. email me if you don't want to post it.

#3 Jan-27-12 6:38AM

ComeOnFish
Northern Snakehead

NOVAhunter wrote:

How is the fishing at the fall line this time of year. email me if you don't want to post it.

I share everything in fishing.  Yesterday I tried for 30 minutes after Crappie fishing for YP in the deep water (25-30') I don't think YP is in the deep yet due to the warm water temp.  I haven't fished often enough give you the answer. Sorry about that. 

Joe

#4 Jan-27-12 7:00AM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

I'll be at the Big O tomorrow for YP and bass.  I'll report on what we find big_smile .......

Hell or High Water...........I'm Fishin!!   big_smile

#5 Jan-27-12 11:16AM

AndrewDo124
Patagonian Toothfish

where can i launch my kayak from? I'm thinking bout heading out there sunday. Anyone wanna join me?

Board footer