Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#26 May-24-08 6:35PM

flippin4it
Northern Snakehead

Re: Memorial Day trip to Beaverdam Reservoir

That would be way cool if you guys hook Dan up with a ride.......

Rob.

#27 May-24-08 7:09PM

Dominion Dan
Patagonian Toothfish

Pacemaker, thanks, I would really love to be able to meet up with the guys I know and some new guys as well. Yes, I have my own life jacket.

Do either of your vehicles have a place to mount a trolling motor by chance? Are they registered or are they only for unpowered use? The reason I ask is because one of our members is standing by with a spare trolling motor for me to use if I can find a way to float. If it's ok, I'd like to hook it up if at all possible and alright with you. Of course this is only if the boats are even available.

If the boats aren't registered for powered use, or they get used by someone else, or you don't want me to put a trolling motor on them, that's absolutely fine with me, I just need to let our guy know if he doesn't have to pack the motor and battery.

I really, really appreciate how you are trying to help out, especially with a brand new member. Thanks!

#28 May-25-08 5:07AM

Ernie
Administrator

Dan,

Neither my kayak or canoe are registered boats. The Kayak is 12 or 13 Weldon and the canoe is a 15' Coleman.

Ernie

Time to go fishin' again!

#29 May-25-08 5:43AM

Paul Naj
Northern Snakehead

Wow.... All I can say is that you guys from both sites are really awesome. You guys prove that you have a pure love for this sport.

I spent a lot of years fishing for striped bass in NJ and while we had yearly "flings" at different locations, for some reason inter-website get togethers became more of a competition surrounded in secrecy for preservation of a spot or area. The fact that you guys are willing to share knowledge of the sport and the reservoir with a new crew impresses me. Well done "Team Pacemaker" and the NOVA crew from Bass Resource.

I'm sorry I won't be able to join you guys in the morning but look forward to meeting you in the future.

PS, watch out for that Dominion Dan guy, he's a natural bronzeback attractor. ;-)

#30 May-25-08 6:10AM

Ernie
Administrator

Paul,

I hear you about the "secrets". Curly and I (and others) fish Fletcher's in the spring. That's a big secret!! We often fish side by side with 20 other boats! That's a place that should be writen about for comraderie. There shore is lined up with light tackle and fly guys and the cove is full of boats.

All you have to watch out for is the rowers (crew teams).

Another cool place is the New Horizon Bass Anlgers club. They hold 18-19 tournaments a year. Entry fee= $6. That is not a typo. At the end of each tourney day, each angler that caught fish tells the how, with what and where. Very cool! Yes, there is competition but extremely friendly at that. They also are big supporters of getting kids in to fishing (their next event is on June 7)

CharlieNHBA started that club years ago, he posts here often.

Ernie

#31 May-25-08 9:20AM

Dominion Dan
Patagonian Toothfish

Ernie, ok, I'll tell my guy with the motor to leave it at home, thanks for letting me know. Again, you're awesome for even trying to help me out.

I'm glad I've found another site with guys who fish the area, I hope we can help each other out with new spots and tips.

Ernie, Charlie is also a member of bassresource if I am not mistaken.

#32 May-25-08 9:54AM

Ernie
Administrator

Dan,

The yak should be back tonight. Only negative about it is that it does not have a rod holder on it. The canoe is available if you want to use that. Let me know.

Ernie

#33 May-25-08 9:59AM

flippin4it
Northern Snakehead

This is true sportsmanship. You guys have not even met Dan, Paul or me and are willing to loan a water craft to get one of the guys on the water. Hats off to you and the other guys on this forum. Seems more friendly here, a lot less attitude. 
                When are you guys taking me to you Ashburn ponds??????? The pond police jumped on me the last time out there, I guess a biker looking dude in BDU's and a Harley shirt looked a little much for the area and was asked to produce a License with a local address or the police would be called.......So away I went, nice ponds though!  smile  I have a couple of honey holes in this area/ Burke that I will be more than willing to turn you guys on to...

#34 May-25-08 10:10AM

Dominion Dan
Patagonian Toothfish

Ernie, the canoe would probably be better for fitting my gear, if that is possible. Again, I can't say enough how much I really appreciate this, you are a life saver!

When and where would you like to meet at the Reservoir? At the little floating dock parking area? That's the only one I really know about. Let me know.

#35 May-25-08 4:54PM

Ernie
Administrator

Dan,

I have not been to the reservoir in many years. I assume the dock and lot are off Rt. 659 right where the little white church is.. See you around 6:15 AM! I have a gray Chevy 2500 and will have a green yak and red canoe in the bed.

Ernie

#36 May-25-08 5:23PM

Paul Naj
Northern Snakehead

What time are you guys planning to fish until? I won't be home in time to fish but may be in the area for when you guys come off the water and I'd like to swing by and say hi.

#37 May-25-08 5:52PM

Ernie
Administrator

Paul Naj wrote:

What time are you guys planning to fish until? I won't be home in time to fish but may be in the area for when you guys come off the water and I'd like to swing by and say hi.

I will probably fish until noon or 1 PM or 2 PM.....not really sure....probably depends on how much paddling I do!

Ernie

#38 May-25-08 6:22PM

Dominion Dan
Patagonian Toothfish

Ernie, yeah, I believe that is Mt Hope rd. and the church is Mt. Hope Baptist. at least, I hope it is because that's where I'll be headed tomorrow! Haha!

See you there at 6:15am! Thanks again, you are AWESOME!

#39 May-26-08 6:39PM

flippin4it
Northern Snakehead

Guys, it was tough out there today........I hope to hook up with you all again. Redskins fan, cool boat. We talked about it for awhile......I still hate the Skins, Go Chiefs!!!!

#40 May-29-08 3:04AM

SimonSays

Hey guys I just registered and wanted to post!

great thing you guys did for Dan, having never met him you guys were nice enough to provide him with a ride. 

I hope to go out and fish with you guys more often!

#41 May-29-08 5:29AM

Ernie
Administrator

Welcom Simon!

See you on the water somewhere!

Ernie

Board footer