Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Dec-16-11 9:42AM

Aches n Pains
Northern Snakehead

OK day our of Solomons

Fished a "walk on" trip with Greg Buckner last Tuesday.  Those trips are always good for talking smack and lots of laughs. Nice to be able to tell all the old stories to folks who haven't heard them before. 

We caught 4 overs (over 28") with three over 40" (big fish) and four unders.  Also missed a few bites and a few came unbottoned.   Not a full limit for seven but a lot of fun none the less.  I think the bait is gone in the Solomons area - we ran almost to the Virginia line to find any bait at all.  Greg took the Fin Finder to Point Lookout and will fish from there until he goes to Virginia Beach.

Beautiful weather.  What a sunrise.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-RTU9pN1R7S0/TuplEgCB8_I/AAAAAAAACpo/su_fk4E0I2M/s640/Sunrise%252520-%25252012-14-12.JPG

Big fish of the day - 44" and really fat.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-mMibAEEGSi8/TuplF8eRboI/AAAAAAAACpw/kWw5xphkZuo/s640/Last%252520Fish.JPG

#2 Dec-16-11 11:09AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: OK day our of Solomons

I'll take an "OK" day anytime......

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Dec-16-11 1:06PM

CozUF2001
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

OK...OK?!?!?!?!

Wow.....

If it were easy, they'd call it catching!

#4 Dec-17-11 5:08AM

Aches n Pains
Northern Snakehead

Not complaining.  It really was a great day but last time we fished in December, we boated 25 fish and exhausted the entire crew.  I think we boated 15 or 16 when Ernie fished with us in April.  Ernie, didn't you have a 45" fish on that trip?

By the way, Lee Tippett had a big year cutting trees after Irene.  Just bought a 46' baybuilt Carmen with a lot of beam and a huge flying bridge.  Really pimped out.  I suspect Lee will be fishing this boat as the Fin Finder II next year.  Greg says he will probably fish the current Fin Finder as the Miss Susie II and sell the original Miss Susie.  Two really nice boats.  Got a chance to ride in Lee's boat on Wednesday, and it is really a nice boat

Last edited by Aches n Pains (Dec-17-11 5:09AM)

#5 Dec-17-11 6:30AM

Ernie
Administrator

Aches n Pains wrote:

Ernie, didn't you have a 45" fish on that trip?

Not that day....but was a good day nevertheless!

Aches n Pains wrote:

By the way, Lee Tippett had a big year cutting trees after Irene.  Just bought a 46' baybuilt Carmen with a lot of beam and a huge flying bridge.  Really pimped out.  I suspect Lee will be fishing this boat as the Fin Finder II next year.  Greg says he will probably fish the current Fin Finder as the Miss Susie II and sell the original Miss Susie.  Two really nice boats.  Got a chance to ride in Lee's boat on Wednesday, and it is really a nice boat

That Carmen is a great boat....those guys are just good!

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer