Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Apr-20-08 8:19AM

Ernie
Administrator

Memorial Day trip to Beaverdam Reservoir

I've been talking to Plan B (Brian Bellas) as he has been hammering the fish at the reservoir. We have been talking about getting out there and giving it a shot but the only question is when.

Perhaps a few others might want to join in when we go. I suggest that we fish the reservoir one day over the Memorial Day weekend.

Sun May 25- PM
Mon May 26- AM

We can fish shoreline or from boats (canoes and kayaks). I have an extra canoe and extra kayak…1st come 1st served.

If this sounds like something you want to do, let me know and I will set it up.

Ernie

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Apr-20-08 9:59AM

Bass Hunter
Northern Snakehead

Re: Memorial Day trip to Beaverdam Reservoir

Ernie,

I'd love to join you guys for this outing.

Khanh

#3 Apr-20-08 2:51PM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

I would to.

#4 Apr-28-08 6:58PM

Ernie
Administrator

Let's shoot for Monday morning (May 26) for this outing.....more details to follow.

So far, we have:

Pacemaker (Ernie)
Bass Hunter (Khahn)
redskinsfan360 (Charlie)
Curly (John)
plan b (Brian)

Ernie

#5 May-09-08 11:59PM

plan b

by no means am i an expert on bdam but i would love to be able to get a spot on a canoe for this trip...  count me in

#6 May-10-08 6:31AM

Ernie
Administrator

If plan b and Curly are in the same canoe, I am tying my kayak of their stern!  yikes

Ernie

#7 May-10-08 11:43AM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

Me To!!!!

#8 May-19-08 1:34PM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

What time on Monday?

#9 May-19-08 5:42PM

flippin4it
Northern Snakehead

Looks like I the newbie will be there too. I am from a different forum and will be hold Fish-A-Palooza at BDR on the morning of the 26th. Paul Naj turned me on to this site and also told me of you guy's outing, we should hook up. I will be bringing about 8-11 guys. Nice site by the way.

#10 May-19-08 6:13PM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

Curly wrote:

redskinsfan360 wrote:

What time on Monday?

O'dark thirty.............. big_smile

????

#11 May-20-08 4:53AM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

Curly wrote:

redskinsfan360 wrote:

Curly wrote:

O'dark thirty.............. big_smile

????

Daybreak, dude................ smile

Got It!!  Bout 6?

#12 May-20-08 3:47PM

Paul Naj
Northern Snakehead

Hi Guys,

I've been lurking around a bit since the beginning of the year. I found your site searching for some fishing opportunities in the area. While I'm relatively new to the area (less than a year), I've been bass fishing for the better part of my life in one way or another. I did quite a bit of LMB and SMB fishing in NJ, NY and CT and spent the last 17 years on the NJ shore mostly chasing striped bass. I’m having a blast rediscovering my freshwater roots here in NOVA.

Since flippin4it called me out by name assuming I was registered here, I thought it was a good time to register and introduce myself. I've been fishing the area since March and while it started off slow, I've been having some decent results at the reservoir. While I haven't had a day there with a large number of fish, the quality has gotten better and last weekend I CPR'd a 4lb 13oz LMB at the res.

I pretty sure I've run into a few of you there in passing. I saw redskinsfan360 putting back in the water in his awesome homemade boat as I was taking my kayak out a few weeks ago and pretty sure that I saw PlanB fishing his way around the west bank when the water was still low. I fish from a Native Watercraft ultimate 12.

I'm not sure if I can make it next Monday since I'll be up in NJ for the weekend, but I look forward to meeting more of you guys and sharing some info on the local fish. I'm dying to get back out on the Potomac to chase some smallies when the river comes back down. I'd be interested in meeting up with anyone who is willing to share some experience on the river.

Cheers.

Paul

#13 May-20-08 4:50PM

jumping jasper
Patagonian Toothfish

Welcome aboard. I will be out of town for the Beaverdam outing also.  We will have to arrange a float on the Potomac next.

jeff

smile

#14 May-22-08 8:43AM

Ernie
Administrator

Welcome Paul!

We will definitely be doing a float on the river for smallies. Also, check out the FISHING CLUBS & IMPORTANT WEBSITES section. The Potomac River Smallmouth Club always has trips planned. Next meeting is Wednesday the 28th.

Ernie

#15 May-22-08 3:12PM

Paul Naj
Northern Snakehead

Thanks for the Welcome Ernie.

I saw their website a while back. Looks like a good resource, I'll check them out. I'm not sure if I can make that meeting but will be sure to check one out in the future.

Also guys, I'm looking doubtful for Monday but there will be a bunch of guys there from another website. I've fished with a few of them and they are great guys and have a real passion for the sport. Have fun with them and catch a bunch.

I was out for a few hours yesterday and fishing was tough. I only managed 2 small fish between 1.5 and 2#. I had a pattern dialed in over the past 3 weeks there and that was non-existent. Hopefully it was just one tough day and they transition through post spawn quickly.

#16 May-23-08 7:16AM

Ernie
Administrator

flippin4it wrote:

Looks like I the newbie will be there too. I am from a different forum and will be hold Fish-A-Palooza at BDR on the morning of the 26th. Paul Naj turned me on to this site and also told me of you guy's outing, we should hook up. I will be bringing about 8-11 guys. Nice site by the way.

Welcome and we look forward to seeing you on Monday!

It's pretty cool cool that two different groups are planning an outing on the same day at the same place!!

Ernie

#17 May-23-08 7:24AM

Ernie
Administrator

O'dark 30 it is!! The Fish-A-Palooza team is getting there at 0530! Sunrise is at 0549......I think that is when Curly will get there too. My plan is to be there at 0600. 

Who needs a seat? I have an extra canoe and kayak. Bring PFD's and plenty of water!!

See you on Monday!!

Ernie

#18 May-23-08 6:10PM

Ernie
Administrator

We have lost a few folks who is in for Beaverdam on Monday?

So far:

Ernie
Curly
???

#19 May-24-08 10:46AM

Dominion Dan
Patagonian Toothfish

Hello, I am also from the other forum that Paul Naj and flippin4it used to organize another trip. This is pretty cool that two groups are getting together at the same time and place. Hopefully with all these people we'll be able to hone in on a good pattern.

Pacemaker, I know I am a new member and don't know you personally yet, but as of now, I am boatless for this trip. If the offer for the use of the kayak or canoe still stands and you feel comfortable allowing someone you don't know to use it, then I'd love to take you up on the offer, otherwise I'll be walking the bank by myself. If you don't feel comfortable with that, don't worry about it, it probably wouldn't be my first choice either.

You guys have a great forum here, I hope to meet up with some of you and fish some of the spots around the area.

#20 May-24-08 10:55AM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

What forum are you from?

#21 May-24-08 11:04AM

Dominion Dan
Patagonian Toothfish

www.bassresource.com

It's a nation-wide forum, but we have a lot of members from the NoVA area that post in the "Southeast Bass Fishing" section.

#22 May-24-08 11:09AM

flippin4it
Northern Snakehead

This is going to be pretty cool if the turn out from both forums is as big as expected........Someone hook Dominion Dan up with a seat or boat......He needs to be there.

#23 May-24-08 12:03PM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

Ohh..I have used that for info a lot.

#24 May-24-08 6:28PM

Ernie
Administrator

Dominion Dan wrote:

Hello, I am also from the other forum that Paul Naj and flippin4it used to organize another trip.

Pacemaker, I know I am a new member and don't know you personally yet, but as of now, I am boatless for this trip. If the offer for the use of the kayak or canoe still stands and you feel comfortable allowing someone you don't know to use it, then I'd love to take you up on the offer, otherwise I'll be walking the bank by myself. If you don't feel comfortable with that, don't worry about it, it probably wouldn't be my first choice either.

DD,

I will let you know about what will be available by Sunday PM. I have no problem with  you using either one. Do you have a life jacket you can use?

Welcome to our board!!

Ernie

#25 May-24-08 6:29PM

Ernie
Administrator

flippin4it wrote:

This is going to be pretty cool if the turn out from both forums is as big as expected........Someone hook Dominion Dan up with a seat or boat......He needs to be there.

Some of our guys have dropped out but we will have a few there. Weather is supposed to be great!

Ernie

Board footer