Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Nov-21-11 6:33PM

ComeOnFish
Northern Snakehead

The dream came true - Tog at Concrete Ships (Kiptopeke), Nov 19, 2011

“The dream came true”
I was ready again. The truck was loaded and I went straight to Kiptopeke State Park, VA.
I launched around 9:25am.  It was a perfect day.  It was warm (40-55F). The wind was gently blowing.  And the current almost stopped during the low tide.  And I was the only one at the Concrete Ships.

I checked  two holes for the tog bites for 5 minutes each.  I felt a tog bite at the third hole. There, I was limited out within 20 minutes.  I landed 4 tog, and they were all keepers at 15-17 inch.
I usually don’t do Catch and Release.  But I did for 5 minutes to take a good video of tog-fishing.

After the fifth tog, I came back to the shore and took more video of how I prepare a blue crab for bait.

I made the video for anglers who wanted to fish for tog but never did. The video is little long because I put some tog-fishing tips and scenes that can, hopefully, accurately present how the tog fishing is done at the Concrete Ships.

I used blue crab for bait because blue crab are always available in Chantill and Fairfax for me.  The water temp was 55F.  It went down by 2F for past 10 days.  I think Tog will be there next weekend (Nov  26)

Video Fishing - Showing How the tog-fishing is done:
http://www.youtube.com/embed/9Yezh9qyLrc

Joe

#2 Nov-22-11 5:20AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: The dream came true - Tog at Concrete Ships (Kiptopeke), Nov 19, 2011

Another terrific report and video......thanks Joe!   cool

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Nov-22-11 8:04AM

Bryan
Patagonian Toothfish

Nice report! I wish they sold green crabs and sand fleas in VA.

tight lines

#4 Nov-22-11 1:09PM

ComeOnFish
Northern Snakehead

Bryan wrote:

Nice report! I wish they sold green crabs and sand fleas in VA.

Green crab is illegal in VA water.  only frozen sand fleas were sold by bait shops I know.  But we found that blue crab works very well.  to me blue crab is better that fiddler crab and very cheap.  I usually pay $5 for a dz of female in Lotte (Asian Grocery) in Chantilly or Fairfax circle

joe

Board footer